View other files from this member
- Submitted: Apr 11 2016 12:22 AM
- Last Updated: May 31 2016 03:58 PM
- File Size: 115.28MB
- Views: 14727
- Downloads: 3,133
Download Maya Dragon Rig 033 Votes
dragon wyvern maya free rig download smaug truongcgartist jaeminkim
Dragon Concept Art by Jaemin Kim.
Model, Texture, Rig & Lighting by Truong
Little video demonstration on how to use the rig:
Software: Maya 2012 (or higher)
Rigged using Advanced Skeleton.
Maya scene files include:
Dragon_rig: the rigged dragon
Dragon_lighting: this is where you animate the dragon, the lighting was setup already (mental ray). Use Render_cam for the best results.
Texture folder: all the texture files (color, normal, displacement, specular).
Remember to set project, so all the textures can be loaded automatically.
* This rig is for non-commercial use only. Animation practice, personal projects, 11s club contests and demo reel are totally fine.
If you have any rig issues or further questions, feel free to ask me at my facebook page: https://www.facebook.../truongcgartist
Ps: If you like the rig, please share him to your friends.
What's New in Version 03 (See full changelog)
- Dragon bugs fixed:
- - IK tail needs to add 1 more control in the middle: added
- - missing some FK foot controls: fixed (actually they were too small)
- - missing FKthumbMaster_R: fixed
- - spines slide over the back instead sticking to it (skinning issue): fixed
- - wing pole at the elbow move like crazy: fixed, the pole is now follow the shoulder instead of the elbow
- - lag when select the main control: if the attribute editor window is open, close it, problem solved.
- - there is a FK spline control named "FKRoot_M" instead of "Spine01" because this IS a spline control, this is misleading, because the "Root" control is the blue arrows, I cannot fix it for now, I'm sorry (since it can cause me problems for further fixing the rig) but please notice it for me if the name confuses you.
- - wing membrane skinning issue (when the wing poles get close together): it's hard to fix (with my current knowledge), I did tried to smooth the weird deformation as much as possible.
- - "Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in a data loss in the dragon rig": ignore this warning. You can animate and render without any problem.
- - corrective blendshape for the hip/ pelvis area: added
- Thank you Ivon Armi, Henrik Tvinde, Carlos Moreno and Dharmik Bhatt for the feedback.
- I'm sorry for the inconvenience these bugs may cause for you.
Other files you may be interested in ..
Sep 20 2016 02:02 PM
Jul 20 2016 10:38 AM
May 24 2016 05:54 PM
May 04 2016 08:48 AM
Apr 18 2016 08:12 AM
Apr 18 2016 08:07 AM
Apr 18 2016 08:02 AM
Apr 18 2016 07:48 AM
- 73 Total Files
- 77 Total Categories
- 33 Total Authors
- 154,104 Total Downloads
- Smart Search Latest File
- Raouf Bessghaier Latest Submitter
8 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users