No replies to this topic

#1 riccardo.dacquino

riccardo.dacquino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:01 AM

Ehi everyone!

I am currently working on a very basic rig set up to allow my animators to tweak the information that are generated by a head track in PFtrack. 

What I am looking for is a system which will allow them to control the geometry of the head from different pivots, simplifying and speeding up the refinement of the head track.

ex:

the anim information from the tracking is placed on a locator at the bottom of the neck [ loc_01]. I would like to have the second pivot at the top of my head [loc_02] and a third one on the tip of my nose [loc_03].

the first immediate solution is to simply create a hierarchy system so that every child node will automatically inherit the transformation values of its parents, placing the head geometry at the very end ( like in the attachment).

Attached File  Capture.PNG   3.24KB   0 downloads

but it is precisely here that my problems pops up: in a hierarchy, the child always inherits the transform values of the parent, but (obviously) the opposite does not happen. This means that if I move the child pivot, the parent stays still, modifying the structure of my rig. I need this issue to be solved...I need to have the two nodes drive each other without creating a loop ( that actually is a loop :ph34r: ).

I could only come up with very terrible solutions:

- a script so that every time I want to change my animation pivot, I am forced to bake the animation of the new locator and then change the entire hierarchy ( this is obviously unsustainable if I have long animations and/or many pivot points)

- script a node which allows me to do this ( have a general idea but making it work will take me to much time and have no idea of the amount and complexity of math computations I will encounter)

has anyone got any idea or a solution to solve this problem :blink: ?

thank you all

Riccardo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pivot, rigging, maya, autodesk, multiple