There are more than a few scripts and rigging tools available for rigging automobiles in 3ds Max. Some offer an easy way to get wheels rotating based on the movement of the car, others will add in steering, and even others will incorporate a suspension system.
A new offering however seems to roll all of those features into one car rigging script. DriverMaster is a tool that will automatically create a 4-wheeled car rig in 3ds Max.
You can easily animate the motion for the vehicle manually or by using a curve in the scene. The script will also make the wheels stick to the ground, even if the ground is a terrain.
DriverMaster gives you a fast set up, dynamic suspension, automatic wheel ground contact, automatic wheel rotation and offset attributes for adjusting/animating your car on top off the generated animation.
- A floater dialog with pick-buttons for wheels, body, brakes
- Few clicks rig creation
- Uneven ground surface support
- Body alignment to wheels
- Automatic wheel rotation system base on traveled distance
- Manual suspension system
- Spin override for wheels for burnout animations and sliding
- Manual body reaction to acceleration
- Automatic body reaction to turns
- Auto wheels steering
- Multiple ground objects
- Body spring dynamics
- Manual wheels offset