• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CecilNeilson

CecilNeilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

On Windows 8.1 I had installed Adobe CS6 Master Collection and updated all Adobe products to latest versions within CS6.  I had created a business card using Adobe Illustrator.  All went fine and I had printed the business card.
Just a week ago I had done a fresh install of Windows 10 and re-installed Adobe CS6 Master Collection including all updates to latest version with CS6.

Now when I try to open the same business card, I get the following error:

"The file xxxxxxxxx was generated by a newer version of Illustrator.  Would you like to import this file.  Some data loss may occur"
When I click YES, I get a blank shape of the business card but no content.

Unusual thing is that I had created multiple versions of the business card as I was enhancing and modifying.  Previous old versions of the business card opens just fine on Windows 10 with CS6.  It's just that the latest and final version of the business card is failing to open and giving me the error message.

I am stumped.  I only have xxxxxx.ai version and xxxxxxx.png version of the file.  But obviously I am not able to modify anything in png version.  So what solution do I have?  I definitely don't want to edit previous version because I had modified tremendously and I would have no idea on the dimensions or other elements that I need to modify in the business card.
How do I fix this and why am I getting this error message.  Nothing has changed except for the fact that I went from Windows 8.1 to fresh install of Windows 10.  I do not have EPS versions or any other format except for AI and PNG.

Thanks for your help in advance.

#2 CecilNeilson

CecilNeilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Guys, do you have any ideas or instructions? Can I somehow solve this problem?

#3 einarsson

einarsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Your next step is to download the latest trial version of Illustrator and see if you can open and save in previous versions including saving it in different formats. If not then it would show that the file maybe damaged.

Try to do the following: Try changing the AI files to eps files, not sure how that works on a mac, on a pc you just change the last part after the period (physically type in .eps after the filename). Also, you could try opening in Acrobat and exporting that way. Might take some work, but you could try opening it in photoshop, exporting to illustrator that way.

#4 einarsson

einarsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

If that doesn't work then try apply Illustrator Recovery Toolbox. Maybe something will happen. You can click on the link below to learn  how to recovery illustrator files. http://www.oemailrec...r_recovery.html

#5 CecilNeilson

CecilNeilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much!