•  

Photo

Gi Problem.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Kabbage1977

Kabbage1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hello Peeps!!

Apologies if this post is not in the appropriate section. Apologies for loss of terminology, i am new to this subject.

I am having trouble pin pointing my problem, Any Advice at this point is most welcome!

I have asked a few CG Forums site and seem to be getting no response :(

Here goes. 

Tools:

3D Smax 2013

VRays Render Engine 2.4

VRays Materials.

Vrays Physical Camera.

Note:  Camera water splash plain as been re-sized to make it easy for me to explain the problem.

The Problem i am having is with GI. GI is working fine, problem is when i place the splash plain in-front of the camera, the render is not catching gi from the VRaysLightMtl reflecting from the walls surface.
The Render is picking up all the rest of the GI fine through the splash plain.

The splash plain (Standard Box) as had nothing special done to it, basic VRayMtl, High Reflect/Refract (Simulate Glass) and a Bump map with water splashs on it.

Text: VRayLightMtl/ VRayDirtMtl with basic color.

As the scene is fine without the splash plain, am suspecting its the Standard Box object settings, of which i am having trouble Google my problem :(

Any Advice at this point is much appreciated, or any links to site that could help me on my way.

Thank you for reading through my query.

Cheers!

Anthony.

Please let me know if there is any other additional information needed to help resolve my problem!

I have attached the image file to this post!

Attached Files