•  

Photo

Animation Showreel

Animation Character Animation Creature Animation Run Cycle Walk Cycle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mohamed Ghoneam

Mohamed Ghoneam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Your Feedback plz ..

http://vimeo.com/98113707

#2 cutjules

cutjules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hello,

You have achieved many different kinds of move, which is a good idea.

The weight exercise is probably the one that works best but your extremes are not pushed enough, at each step, the backward leg must be straightened.

The walk shot works well, but you have forgotten to animate your hips and your torso/shoulders. Try to find some tutorials which explain body mechanics for a walk. Weight is missing in your animation, hips should go down just after the contact position when all the weight goes on the forward foot when it's completely flatenned on the ground (which is well called the "down postion"). Walks are one of the hardest moves to achieve.

The run animation is too fast. You should bend forward the torso a bit more and animate vertically your hips, I can't feel enough the weight. Try to settle also the head, it goes from left to right to much.

On the fencing shot, animation is too fast, viewer can't understand what's happened on the first view. Anticipation is missing on the red guy jumping in the frame. You need to add few more keys at the beginning to settle the action clearly for your audience and give him the time to understand and anticipate what will probably happen.

On the "gorilla" shot, your camera shakes are not working at all, it looks like a bug, rid off them. I can't understand the head moves, intention ?

Animation is too mechanical, there's no anticipation, all the body moves at the same time. In animation, you have to change only one thing at a time to let the viewer understand what is happening. Usually the eyes move first (the mind moves before the body does), head follows after, torso after (sometimes), then when the character knows what he's gonna do, hips move first, then legs/arms... This is just basic, there are plenty of cases you won't follow this order. I only tell you this to help you find out the process to develop while searching for your golden keys.

Remember that a good animation shows clearly contrast between current extreme and the previous and next ones.

Now you should go back to all these stuffs and improve them. Easier to say, harder to make, you may think...

Animation is very hard to learn, I also have many things to understand, learn the basics :

- How each knuckle move ? Angles, limits, degrees of freedom

- What's a line of action ? How it works in animation ?

- What are timing and spacing ?

- What are golden poses, extremes, breakdowns, inbetweens...

- What is weight shift and what means a character in balance / off balance ?

- What is a good pose (I'm still asking myself this question) ? Where is the weight ? Which limb is straightened, which one is bent ?

Take your time to polish your stuff, it's just the beginning :)