I have a few questions.
1. what sort of files are accepted into unity?
2. max recommended poly count for in game models (characters, objects backgrounds etc) with a Intel 5000 benchmark used by players.
3. texture importing processes
4. is there a limit to poly count for FMVs that unity can take? if so what is that?
5. what is the process for mocap animation with unity? we are considering using kinect for mocap. we have not chosen pluggins yet, though most of are artists are either using maya, 3dsmax, aftereffects of photo shop. any recommend pluggins(?)
Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:12 PM
Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:24 AM
For Animation Unity accept FBX
We use Maya for the animation, and then the FBX exported plugin 2012 , much better than version 2014.
what ever plugin you use for exporting, be sure that you only export the skeleton with the animation baked on it.
you can do the same process using motion builder or 3Dmax
you can download my example for free here :
I hope it helps you
Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:30 AM
Exactly PCE, I had this experience and was awesome, I did a video showing mocap with motionbuilder before use with unity, take a look...