•  

Photo

Maya Character rigging problem

Maya Rigging controllers IK spline Hi everyone. I cant figure o

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 DMK13

DMK13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi everyone. I can't figure out this myself and I hope you can help. I want the head controller to follow the head joint and at the same time be able to rotate it. but when I move the chest controller head moves with it however the head controller stays in the same position. I can't parent head controller to the chest controller because the last one is already a parent of IK spline curve cluster and I want the head controller to stay on the head. I've tried orient constraining head controller to the head joint and parent/point constraining joint to the head controller and it works just fine if not one tiny problem. I can't really animate the head   :D after rotating the head and putting a keyframe  and moving to the next key Maya somehow alters head rotation and puts it in its origin position. 

P.S. This character is my first experience in Maya (in 3d to be honest. I began learning maya about month ago) and I'm sorry if the information is a bit obscure. 

first and second pic shows controller's behavior when head controller isn't parented to the chest controller  and head joint and the head controller aren't point/parent constrained

3rd 4th and 5th pics show what happens when I try to put some key frames after I point/parent constrain head joint and the head controller    

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg