•  

Photo

Tips on filming shots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 srlake314

srlake314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

Hey all,

First, HEY!.

Now to the topic at hand :).

I have 3 spots that I want to shoot, each with vfx elements to it for my reel.

I don't have immediate access to good cameras so I'm left, like many folks are, to my own devices.  What devices?  Indeed.

I have a samsung galaxy s5.  I've looked up the back plate setting, Speed(I can manually set with Cinema fv5 app), etc, now it's just a matter of seeing if I can get better shots.

I also have access to my Toshiba Camilleo H5, which does shoot in HD, but again, not exactly RED, if you know what I mean.

I need to track them obviously with various methods using Syntheyes, Mocha, whatever when needed.

One of the shots requires, a hovering UI that the user swipes and eventually selects and a 3d object materializes.  The camera wasn't going to be moving, and in my test shot, it seemed ok.  For that shot I couldn't use SE right?  Since the camera isn't moving?  Or should I shoot the sequence moving the camera verly slowly(using my chair as a dolly LOL).

I hate having to shoot sequences like this, but it's all I have for now.

Any tips? Be gentle.

#2 kelly15

kelly15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:22 AM

Create a Storyboard and/or Shooting Script. Prep Your Presenters or Interview Subjects Know What B-Roll Footage You Need Avoid Conflicts Between Natural and Artificial Light Manually Set Your Camera’s White Balance

These are the basic things.

Follow these.