Destiny: The Taken King Animation Showreel by Richard Lico
Richard Lico – Another Destiny release, another reel. This includes the animation work I’ve done over the last year for the Destiny: The Taken King. As well as some recent emotes.
1) Zombie Dance Emote (AKA Thriller): 100% keyframe animation, no mocap.
2) Devastated Emote: Based on mocap. I was the actor.
3) Player Gameplay Clips: 100% keyframe. I had the pleasure of animating many of the new gameplay abilities for the player, including the new sword heavy weapon, as well as the hammer super, hammer actions, smoke dodge, and PvP rift dunk.
4) Combatant animation: 100% keyframe. I took on much more combatant animation this time around. I ended up doing lots of animation for the Cabal Bros (melee guy), Pandora Knight, Oryx, Raid Oryx, and the Taken Ogre (forget his name). Pandora knight was prototyped by Jason Robertson. Oryx sword slam was prototyped by Anthony Partridge. I did final animation on those clips.
5) 1st person shock pistol and sidearm. 100% keyframe. I really enjoy doing 1st person animation on occasion. Both were prototyped by David Helsby, and I did final animation.
6) Emotes: All based on mocap except for the warlock dance, which was a keyframe animation. I was the actor for the non-dance emotes. We hired a professional crew to do the mocap acting for the monster dance (aka Backstreet Boys dance).
7) Gameplay Montage: All gameplay footage here is keyframe. The Titan and Hunter cinematics were partly mocap and I was the actor for both. The Warlock cinematic was keyframe. (mainly because I can’t fly…)
Destiny: The Taken King Animation Showreel by Richard Lico, Lico Taken King Show Reel 2015, Richard Lico, Destiny: The Taken King Animation, Richard, Lico, Animation Showreel by Richard Lico, Animation Showreel, Showreels, Animation, 3d gaming showreel, gaming showreel, gaming reel