Nigel Style – I animated everything in the video (unless marked) with the exception of Panther’s run cycle, which was done by Paul Mombourquette. FX by Darrin Beaver, Game Design by Jack Gandolfo, Cinematic FX by Mychael Miller and Cinematic layout by Sarah Gates.
Hulkbuster runcycle & Jump by Joe Percival, Captain America runcycle by Paul Mombourquette, Hulk reactions by Jamie Titera(I think). Everything else(far as I recall) was done by me. Combat FX by Darin Beaver, Game Design by Kelly Murphy, Cinematic FX by Mychael Miller, Cinematic Layout camera by Chelsey Shuder.
MARVEL Marketing Shot
This is a marketing shot I was asked to do sometime between February-March 2015..I honestly can’t remember exactly when. I do know it took me 17 days straight to animate with no days off. This shot was intended to be a small part of something much “bigger” that was canceled upon completion. However, a 1/3 of this shot was later used in a Good Morning America segment.
I was only shown 2 costume fitting photos and told a few cryptic sentences about the character during the summer of 2014. These animations were created during 01/15 – 03/15. At that point all that was released to the public was the teaser trailer with the one back shot of Kylo Ren. That’s all we had. I was told to “think of the Hound from Game Of Thrones” and “he worships Vader”. Later on I was told “he’s not as good as he thinks he is”, a Sith enthusiast not a Sith Lord and basically he is a “brat”. I tried to show some scrappiness and sloppy swordwork but still show some savagery one would expect from a young reckless type. I used everything from Chinese Military sword drills videos, Star Wars fanfilms, youtube lightsaber Academy videos, Clone Wars footage to broad sword videos. Everything
I could get my hands on for inspiration with the notion of making his motion set to be completely different than every other Disney Infinity lightsaber character that came before.
So with that in mind…
I threw in a dropkick mid ground combo to basically break up his basic combo. I realised at the time it might not be something he might do cannonwise, I just really wanted to do something unexpected and scrappy. I also did a pretty wild corkscrew attack deep in the pause combo set that…well, might seem a bit more prequel-esque than the type of sword fighting that was done in Ep7. I realise that it was a risk, but at the time I was bored with the original idea I had for that move, so I went over the top when I reanimated it. Please, don’t go all nerdrage on me about it. Who knows, maybe he’ll do something like it in Ep9.
In hindsight, I probably would have done things differently if I had a better sense of the fight at the end or even footage. I would have loved to add in some florishes with some of the stuff he did in the movie like hitting his stomach wound. Very cool. But that’s not the way things work on a highly anticipated movie like this with a lot of security measures. Sometimes you gotta make things up and hope for the best. I hope people enjoyed playing him in game as much as I had animating him.
FX by Darrin Beaver, Game Design by Jack Gandolfo, Cinematic FX by Mychael Miller and Cinematic layout by Chelsey Shuder.
Random Disney Infinity Work 2011-2014
Here is a quick hodge podge video of ‘some’ of the work I did on Disney Infinity 1.0 & 2.0. It’s raw, not really edited well, but it encompases a wide variety of the ton of work I did the past 4 + years. I’m just putting this all out in one video for no real reason other than closure. Think of it like purging toxins from your body.
1. Mr. Incredible Infinity 1.0 commercial- Animated all characters except Droid Army. Also pitched storyboards/concept. The first half of this piece was animated without a specific camera in mind, so we could Michael Bay it later with camera moves.
2. Hulk/Guardians Of The Galaxy INmoment commercial- Animated Hulk, Groot, Rocket & Starlord.
3. Hulk’s Sonic Yell Supermove- In game motion. Re-animated this 8 times. Don’t ask.
4. Iron Man/Iron Fist- INmoment commercial- Animated ONLY Iron Fist throughout.
5. Merida/Aladdin Race INmoment commercial- animated Aladdin, Merida, Angus & Abu.
6. Donald Announce commercial- Animated Donald ONLY.
7. Donald “That’ll Teach Ya”- Bumper for Infinity commercials. Typically these are done very quickly. This took a day and change, I think.
8. Baymax Announce commercial- Animated Maccus and Baymax.
9. Jack Sparrow meets Tonto- Animated everything. (Depp meets Depp-So META!)
10. Infinity 1.0 Game Making commercial- Animated everything.
11. Toy Story In Space Infinity 1.0 ending cinematic- Animated everything.
12. Mr. Incredible/JackSparrow- Speaking Infinity commercial- Animated everything.
13. Davy Jones/Jack Sparrow Infinity Commercial Talk Its- Animated everything. These typically took a day or day and a half to do.
14. Infinity 1.0 Adventures commercial- Animated Randall, Violet.
15. Infinty 1.0 ‘McQueen Vs Dash’ Racing Commercial- Animated both characters.
16. Infinity 1.0 Announce Trailer- Animated Jack Sparrow & Mr. Incredible. This was the final shot as it appeared in the commercial. Marketing did not like Jack’s expression at the end of the first shot so it was changed. Mr. Incredible’s animation was trimmed down as well.
17. Infinity 1.0 Announce Trailer Alternate Version- Animated Jack Sparrow & Mr. Incredible- This version has the more Depp like face expression and longer Mr. Incredible getting his Jetpack on animation. I animated Jack Sparrow for a good chunk of Infinity 1.0 stuff, so I felt this version was worth seeing because I watched those Pirates movies 7 THOUSAND TIMES for reference.
18. Infinity 1.0 Announce Trailer- Jack Sparrow reaction shot. This shot was about to be submitted for final approval when the director came running down the hall to notify me it had just been cut by marketing. So you can imagine how pleased I was.
19. Infinity 2.0- UK opening day commercial clips- These were animated seperately to be projected onto sides of buildings and various landmarks around downtown London.
20. Infinity 1.0 Monsters Playset Prank Demo Shot 1- animated Mike/Prank
21. Infinity 1.0 Toy Fair shot. I completely forget animating this shot or what it was for so I am assuming Toy Fair.
22. Infinity 1.0 E3 Trailer? No sure. This was a tiny part of a sequence where this entire Toy Box enviroment builds itself around characters. I animated all the characters in the sequence, but I have no clue where that render is. So this is what I have. I animated Mr. Incredible.
23. Infinity 1.0 Retailer promo/E3 something…can’t remember. I animated Mater and McQueen. Pixar made me change McQueen’s final expression so I put in an Alt version in here first for kicks. Pixar wanted a friendly smile, even though Mater totally cheated.
24. Infinity 1.0 Monsters Playset Prank Demo Shot 2- This was meant be rendered for night time.
25. Infinity 2.0 Combat Animations- Animated all Characters you see here. In some cases you’ll see some quick drawovers in Kinovea for FX reference. Groot’s fingers were not scaling with the hands for whatever reason, only in Game. I included some Spider-man get up reactions as well. I also managed to fit Batista’s famous Wrestling taunt into his character Drax’s combat animations.
26. Hulk Idles & Run- Hulk was the first to be started for Infinity 2.0. I got to animated his run and walks and did some exploratory idle break animations you see here. This all lead up to me doing his Supermove yell you saw earlier.
27. Infinity 1.0 Davy Jones -Idle Breaks
28. Early Infinity tests- Random early R&D tests to play with animation style and mechanics. Mr. Incredible vs Zurgbot Juggernaut was all FK btw..
29. Unused Infinity 1.0 Cars playset R&D tests- Animated everything. Still convinced the Zamboni idea would have sold a million more playsets.
30. Early Starcommand/Infinity tests- Animated everything.
31. Personal Test- Animated everything. Putting this in for fun.
Black Panther: Disney Infinity 3.0 Animation, Black Panther: Disney Infinity 3.0, Nigel Style, Black Panther: Disney Infinity 3.0 Animation by Nigel Style, Disney Infinity, Disney Infinity 3.0, Black Panther, Disney Infinity 3.0 Black Panther, Black Panther: Disney Infinity 3.0 Animation Showreel, Disney Infinity 3.0 Animation Breakdown, Disney Infinity 3.0 Animation Breakdown by Nigel Style, MARVEL Marketing Shot, THE FORCE AWAKENS, KYLO REN, Random Disney Infinity Work 2011-2014