FumeFX 5.0 Released
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0, a new version of their high-end fluid dynamics software for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. Over the past 12 years of development and innovations FumeFX has become an integral part of major studio production pipelines. It has been used to create visual effects for many blockbusters, including productions such as Dr. Strange, Thor, Roland Emmerich’s 2012, Hugo, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Priest, Skyline, Suckerpunch, Spiderman 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Superman Returns, Iron Man just to name a few.
In its fifth incarnation, FumeFX introduces workflow improvements, a ground up redesigned simulation core and hosting an array of unique capabilities that allow artists to create a completely new range of effects that were impossible before.
FumeFX 5.0 for 3ds Max workflow and GPU viewport
– FumeFX GPU* accelerated display has been integrated within the 3ds Max viewport. The new display includes volumetric shadows, proper geometry occlusion and instant shader feedback.
– The Data preview has been changed and allows user to choose voxel display size.
– New FumeFX toolbar that provides access to FumeFX and source creation as well as simulation control.
(*) supports 3ds Max 2016 and newer
– With the new advection type in the arsenal, FumeFX can easily create fluid flows that minimize numerical losses even after 900 frames of animation.
– Simulation core redesign allows usage of complex geometry instead of using proxies without breaking the solver or causing instabilities.
– Smooth retiming regardless of simulation sub-steps and retiming scale factor.
– Depending on the scene setup, the latest version of FumeFX delivers up to 20% faster simulation.
– Ability to retime simulation during the Wavelet Turbulence pass.
– Vorticity II optimizations include faster calculations and lower memory requirements.
– Improved simulation scaling. Grids of different spacing will result in similar simulations. FumeFX 5 also improves scaling with CPU cores used in simulation.
– The new lossy .fxd compression allows per-channel compression quality and mixing of lossless and lossy channels inside the same cache file.
– State of the art multithreaded .fxd I/O for ultra fast caches saving and loading.
– Load caches at user-defined reduced resolution allows artist easier viewport manipulation and rendering setup.
– Minimize grid during the cache saving produces smaller files that save faster and render faster.
– FumeFX 5 writes OpenVDB caches in a form that makes them easily readable inside the Arnold Volume Grid, Redshift grid and even Houdini. The FumeFX vdb cache will be correctly positioned which makes any OpenVDB workflow straightforward.
– Various OpenVDB caches optimizations and fixes.
– Gridless Advection allows usage of exported velocities or 3D texture to create additional detail.
– Direct rendering support with Corona renderer.
– A more affordable Workstation license.
– New rental options available. Pick from either a 1 year or a 3 month term depending on your project demands.
Submit Your Artwork, Demoreel & Jobs to Our New Website ➡ www.CGMeetUp.com
FumeFX, FumeFX 5.0, FumeFX 5, FumeFX 5.0 New Features, FumeFX 5.0 Features, FumeFX 5.0 for 3ds Max release, FumeFX 5.0 for 3ds Max, FumeFX 5.0 for Maya, 3d, vfx, fx, visual effects, cgi, FumeFX GPU, FumeFX 5.0 for 3ds Max workflow, FumeFX 5.0 for 3ds Max GPU viewport, FumeFX 5.0 Conservative advection, FumeFX 5.0 for 3ds Max workflow and GPU viewport, fluid simulation, 3ds Max Plugin, Maya Plugin, fluid, FumeFX 5.0 Released