Golaem Crowd 2.2, supporting Solid Angle’s Arnold
2013, January 29th – Rennes
Golaem releases Golaem Crowd 2.2, facilitating distributed rendering and supporting Solid Angle’s Arnold.
Procedural rendering is now available for Solid Angle’s Arnold, hence enabling lightning fast rendering and simulation independant geometry and shaders diversity.
Golaem Crowd was used together with Arnold by Mikros Image Montréal for the feature film “Astérix and Obélix: God Save Britannia” to create stadium spectators, village inhabitants, walking armies, flying romans, and even knocked-out ones!
Watch the Crowd Scenes Showreel above from: Astérix and Obélix: God Save Britannia
Easier deployment for farm rendering
Golaem Crowd 2.2 introduces Golaem Crowd Render, encapsulating all Golaem Crowd rendering proxies in a single installation package for easier deployment on render farms. Procedural rendering plugins and proxies are still free to use on an unlimited number of rendering nodes.
Procedural Shaders & Multitexture
Golaem Crowd 2.2 includes new procedural shaders for automatic diversity generation in crowds. They are available for Arnold, Mental Ray, Renderman and V-Ray.
All procedural rendering plugins have also been enhanced to support multitexture, opening the way to sophisticated texture variations in crowds.
About Golaem Golaem develops artist-friendly tools to animate digital characters.
Integrated in Autodesk Maya, Golaem Crowd makes it easy and affordable to populate worlds with directable digital characters, from a few to thousands. Artists from all over the globe use Golaem Crowd to bring life to commercials, episodic productions, feature films and games.
- Procedural rendering plugin, proxy and shaders for Arnold
- New plugin CrowdRender to handle render proxies in Maya (does not require a license)
- Procedural shaders for VRay
- Multi material support for all renderers
- Added crowd unit in CrowdMangerNode to centralize the scale ratio
- Distance trigger
- nParticles are now taken into account natively with the CrowdField
- New popTool mode able to take any selection component into account (vertices, faces, edges…)
- MEL Command “replaceMaterialType()” to replace a material type with another (for Arnold and Phong not supported)
- Multi selection available between Maya and the Behavior Editor (shift key)
- Poptool per-particle index rendering
- Show/hide poptool annotation
- NavMesh Tool: Voxel Subdivision uses tiles to compute large environments. Added warning when voxel count is huge (> 100 million).
- New display for the Enternal Entity Locator
- Uniformization of the rendering proxies (it is now possible to add different rendering proxies in a same scene)
- Default material in VRay when shaders are missing is now orange
- MentalRay plugin: Small performance increase
- Support RenderMan Studio 4.0 (Maya 2012 & 2013 64-bit only) and RenderMan Pro Server 17.2 (64-bit only)
- FAQ link from CrowdRender plugin
- Load/Save windows uniformisation
- BeNavigation: Default acceleration set to 10
- BeNavigation: No more max speed
- Correction on arm bones orientation when playing a motion
- PopTool: Mesh scale is taken into account (when linked to it)
- Fixed reparenting behavior problems in the Outliner
- Fixed trigger reevaluation in Alt operator
- Fixed transparency and alpha in MRay shaders
- Fixed randomness in NoOrder operator
- Fixed crash at fbx eport (single file)
- Fixed crash when exporting entities without a skeleton/mapping file
- Fix auto-map between Goto Targets and Goto Behaviors
- Asset Manager: Fix bug when adding a new geometry file
- Rendering: Fix crash when with motion blur samples <= 1
- Mental Ray plugin: Fix the alpha channel
- Information about how to install Windows and Linux packages in silent mode
- Update for Asset Manager
- Documentation for Crowd Unit
- Documentation for Arnold proxy
- Documentation for VRay procedural shaders
Astérix and Obélix: God Save Britannia, Crowd Scenes, Crowd Scenes Showreel, distributed rendering, flying romans, Golaem, Golaem Crowd, Golaem Crowd 2.2, Golaem Crowd 2.2 Released, Golaem releases Golaem Crowd 2.2, Mikros Image Montréal, Showreel, Solid Angle Arnold, stadium spectators, village inhabitants, walking armies, 3d, 3d Crowd, CG Crowd, Crowd effects, Building Crowds,