Houdini Destruction Cleanup – Realtime Development
Paul Ambrosiussen – The Destruction Cleanup HDA is part of the realtime-development tools made by Paul Ambrosiussen, targeted at optimizing a destruction simulation before exporting it to third party applications like Unreal Engine, Unity, Maya or 3DsMax.
The tool offers a multifold of parameters to tweak in order to achieve the desired cleaned up result.
– Input Mode (Direct input from DOP, or Cached BGEO Sequence)
– Output Mode (Animated Optimized Geometry, Static Optimized Geometry, Animated Optimized Transforms)
– Simulation Cleanup Frame Range
– Cleanup Method (Proximity Based, Proximity Constraint Based, Constraint Based)
– Quick Optimization Visualisation (Allows for fast Iteration & Debugging)
– Freeze Threshold (Isolate chunks moving less than specified threshold to be frozen at starting frame)
– Fuse & Remove Inside Faces
– Bounds Clamping (Specify a bounding volume to contain simulation in)
– Normal Cusping
– Data Cleanup (Remove any unwanted point or primitive attributes)