Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Gangster Squad, Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Once Upon A Time, Fringe and Falling Skies.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
We are currently seeking a 2D Sequence c Lead for our episodic department. This is a contract position at our Vancouver location. The 2D Sequence Lead works with the 2D Project Lead to assist in the development of templates and to ensure efficient work flow.
Main Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Compositing experience at a mid to large production scale.
- Expert knowledge of multi-pass EXR CG integration and Set Extension.
- A solid track record of developing look for a sequence or scene.
- Expert working knowledge of Nuke internal 2d projection, and 3d fbx projection feature.
- Expert working knowledge of complex rig removal and paint outs.
- Advanced knowledge of camera and lenses.
- Work with Comp Lead for look development of previously not-established fx
- Flag potential issues to production staff before they become problems
- Maintain clarity of direction, priorities and morale amongst team members
- Establish compositing priorities within assigned sequences
- Ability to take and give artistic direction in a tight turn around environment.
- Advanced knowledge of crafting compositing templates for a team of compositors to execute.
- Work with Producer and VFX Supervisor to generate shot assignments.
- Internal QC.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and evaluate team members.
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional desired skill sets:
- Working knowledge of Maya and V-ray
- Working knowledge of Syntheyes, PF Track an asset
- Matte Painting
Zoic is a Maya/VRay/Nuke studio. Please email CV and link to reel to email@example.com
*BC Residents only please.