Do you have a passion for creating 3D models from photos and art? Does the thought of bringing an artistic concept to life bring you joy? If so, we are looking for you!
Piranha Games has an exciting opportunity for a 3D Modeller to be a part of our talented Art team. This position is a contract position for 5 months. You will bring with you strong proficiency in mechanical modelling, the ability to integrate into processes, pipelines, and workflow of the team in creating game-ready models, and the ability to take direction from the Art Director.
- Create realistic-looking weapons and supporting mechanical geometry for Battlemechs
- Work closely with Artists to implement their assets into the game
- Work within time and polygonal budgets given by the Art Director and Project Manager
- Analyze and read concept art and orthographic diagrams
- Create hard-surface environment as needed
- Participate as a proactive team member to further team and project goals
- Experience in 3D hard surface, mechanical modelling with Autodesk 3dsMax, preferably for video games or film
- Expert knowledge of UV creation and layout
- Strong sense of surface development, proportion, architectural and mechanical functionality
- Knowledge of normal mapping and displacement creation
- Highly motivated, self-driven problem solver with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience animating and/or rigging mechanical assets
- Knowledge of CryEngine
- Knowledge of Battletech Cannon
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we invite you to submit your resume through our Online Application System – http://piranhagames.com/#CAREERS. For more information about Piranha Games, please visit our website at www.piranhagames.com.
We thank you for your interests in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.