Activision Recruiting Animator & Associate Level Designer
Albany, New York
Vicarious Visions, developer ofnumerous award winning games, including Skylanders Swap Forice, Skylanders SpyroAdventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 isseeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Animator to join our team of talented developers in creating nextgeneration games for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii platforms. This position is temporary, likely lasting 12months. Candidates must be able torelocate to Albany, NY and work onsite.
No remote work.
Your responsibilities will include:
Work closely with the Animation Lead developing, defining and maintaining high-end animation.
Seek out guidance from lead and other experienced artists to provide the best quality artwork and most efficient methodologies.
Proactive in creating solutions and solving problems.
Participate in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback.
Able to work with team members of other disciplines. Such as, communicating with game-play programmers for implementing character mechanics.
Generating and presenting ideas for Artist development.
Contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle.
The skills& experience we’re looking for:
Must excel at the Principles of Animation with high quality timing, weight, and acting skills.
Excellent skills and understanding of character motion in a range of styles.
Experience animating in 3D Software, such as 3DSMax and Character Studio.
Must have a passion to create the best quality artwork possible for any game genre or platform that is assigned (Xbox360, PS3, Wii, NDS handheld).
Task driven, self-motivated & proactive.
Adept to changing requirements.
Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Provide Samples of your animation on DVD, CD, or online with a clear explanation of what you did. You must have traditional art training and skills. Include samples of your 2D work, especially Figure Drawing.
You’ll really get noticed with these:
Experience with cinematic production
Experince with Maya
State machine setup and understanding (e.g. Havok Behavior).
Passion for Video Games.
Pre-production skills such as Storyboarding and Animatics.
Rigging and Point Weighting character meshes.
Work with facial animation.
Associate Level Designer
Santa Monica, California
Home to some of the industry’s best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
We are looking for highly driven, self-motivated Associate Designers with intense creative vision and a passion to learn. Our Associate Level Designers collaborate with the level team to take a game level from concept to completion.
What you’ll be doing:
· Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
· Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
· Collaborate with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
· Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
· Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
The skills/experience you’ll need:
· Strong hands-on experience within a mod team or one or more published titles in a level design capacity.
· Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
· Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
· Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
· Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
· Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
· Experience with the Radiant level editor
· Architecture background
· Mod community experience
Apply here:- http://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/GAM0000EX/Santa-Monica-California-Associate-Level-Designer-Treyarch?lang=en-US
Activision Recruiting Animator & Associate Level Designer, Activision, Activision hiring, Activision Vfx, Activision Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Activision Recruiting, Activision Recruiting Animator, Activision Recruiting Associate Level Designer