Activision Recruiting Design Director
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2, Ghosts] is seeking a passionate Design Director to join our team to work on our next project.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
The Design Director will manage the design department and drive the creation of compelling, 90 rated, quality gameplay. The Design Director will work with the design team to create and implement combat events, AI behaviors, and scripted events in the game world. Additionally, the Design Director will act as the arbiter of quality for all the gameplay sequences in the game, working closely with other designers to create consistent, high-quality combat encounters and exploration throughout the game.
• Take primary responsibility of the game design and systems to create unique and compelling, 90 rated, high-quality gameplay from paper planning to implementation.
• Act as an in-house mentor and manager of the Design Team for level creation and combat design, offering leadership, guidance, assistance, and feedback on a regular basis.
• Work closely with the other Studio Directors to ensure quality results.
• Collaborate with the gameplay programming team to implement design of the combat and AI.
• Manage tasks that relate to the gameplay systems and work with a producer on the scope of the work and schedule
• Industry experience across at least 2 AAA shipped titles
• Prior experience in a lead/senior design role
• Self-motivated, proactive personality, that is concentrated on solving issues before they become problems
• Clear understanding of the FPS genre and what makes combat engaging and fun
• Knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre and ability to deconstruct the elements of the game that make it excel
• Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate well both written and orally
• Strong desire and drive to develop cutting edge titles
• Passion for developing and playing video games
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Ability to map out overall game pacing
• Strong portfolio of work in current-gen engines
• Experience developing first-person shooters
• Ability to assist with level, narrative, and systems design when the situation arises
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Apply here:- http://activision.jibeapply.com/jobs/GAM0000DR
Activision Recruiting Design Director, Activision hiring, Activision jobs, Activision carrier, Activision, vfx jobs, cg jobs, cgi, 3d jobs, jobs, visual effects jobs, animation jobs, 3d animation jobs