Activision Recruiting Game Designer, Junior Technical Animator & Lead Designer
Game Designer (Temporary)
Albany, New York
Doyou have a passion for designing and implementing exciting new gameplayexperiences? Do you love collaborating with peers from all disciplines,including artists, programmers, animators, and writers? If you like how thatsounds we could use your skills and knowledge of game design to create greatnew games.
Your responsibilities will include:
Plan and implement gameplay experiences with fellow designers, animators, programmers and artists.
Write and maintain documentation about your designs as well as stay up-to-date with other designs.
Create and revises game data using a variety of proprietary and public tools (such as excel and word)
Manage bug lists, track personal tasks, and alert lead to any changes in planned schedule or tasks
Actively seek out feedback to improve your work.
The skills & experience we are looking for:
Strong design sensibilities
Proficiency with visual design and 2D and/or 3D editing tools; (Photoshop, 3dStudio Max/Maya)
Strong communication and collaboration skills
Ability to analyze problems, critique solutions, and develop plans based on these data.
2+ years’ experience in the game industry shipping high quality titles
A passion for developing for high quality games.
A basic understanding of scripting languages is a plus
Junior Technical Animator (Temporary position)
Santa Monica, California
Note: This position will be located in Playa Del Rey
Home to some of the industry’s best and brightest talent, Activision is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
We are looking for a Junior Technical Animator to work at our newly renovated, best-in-class, Capture Studio and interact directly with some of the best Artists and R&D engineers in our industry. Your job will be to ensure that we deliver the highest quality facial and body motion capture data, checking raw motion capture data for the team.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of animation principles and an acute sense of timing and weight. You must have experience with motion-capture editing techniques.
A successful Junior Technical Animator is expected to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, and a passion for developing high quality games and animations. You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
Using custom and specialized Motion Capture software and tools
Cleaning up, modifying, “plussing,”checking, and QC-ing raw facial and Motion Capture data on a Blade skeleton
• Working directly with the department Lead and Senior Animators as well as Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game
• Following group standards and best practices
• Participating in a multi-discipline development team
• Collaborating effectively with the Art and Capture teams
• Managing day-to-day development issues; identifying problems and driving creative solutions to fix them
• Preparing for, and attending, motion capture shoots, as needed
Skills/experience you’ll bring:
• College degree in Animation or equivalent experience in the video game industry with strong animation portfolio
• Experience with FACS, facial performance animation, and cleanup
• Experience with Motion Capture
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
• Ability to take direction well and address notes
• A passion for developing high quality games
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Motion Builder, Blade, or an equivalent Motion Capture Software
• Python, HSL, or other scripting experience a plus
• Experience with previs & cameras
Lead Designer (Raven)
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Call of Duty: Online, Advanced Warfare, Ghosts, Black Ops, Modern Warfare] is looking for a passionate Lead Designer to join our talented Call of Duty: Online team. This position will play a key role in the creative design, team management, and technical implementation of gameplay.
This spot can be yours if you have experience leading a team of designers to deliver high-quality gameplay, fierce skills in competitive multiplayer FPS games, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, impressive scripting ability, extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
• Work closely with creative directors, designers, artists, engineers, and animators to deliver world-class gameplay experiences.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• A minimum of 5 years’ of game design experience, shipping at least one title as a Lead or Senior Designer
• Comprehensive understanding of the design process including level design, weapons, AI, controls, UI, etc.
• Masterful command of a commercial 3D level editor (Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, UnityEd, etc.)
• Ability to use scripting tools to deliver memorable gameplay experiences
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must work creatively in a demanding technical environment
• Can quickly learn and master new tools and implementation techniques
• Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames
• We use Radiant, so having previous experience with it is a big plus.
• GSC is the scripting language used in Radiant, so knowing it is another big plus
• Free-to-Play experience
• Mobile game development experience
• Experience in another game development discipline (Art, Engineering, UI, Sound, etc.)
• Mod community experience
• Film industry experience
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Cover Letter
* Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered – we want the best, so tell us why that’s you!
** Depending on previous experience, you may be required to complete a Design Test.
Apply here:- http://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/GAM0000EV/Middleton-Wisconsin-Lead-Designer-Raven?page=2
Activision Recruiting Game Designer, Junior Technical Animator & Lead Designer, Activision, Activision hiring, Activision VFX, Activision Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, 3D Jobs, CG Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Activision Recruiting, Activision Recruiting Game Designer, Activision Recruiting Junior Technical Animator, Activision Recruiting Lead Designer