Activision Recruiting Junior Technical Animator
Junior Technical Animator (Temporary position)
Santa Monica, California
Note: This position will be located in Playa Del Rey
Home to some of the industry’s best and brightest talent, Activision is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
We are looking for a Junior Technical Animator to work at our newly renovated, best-in-class, Capture Studio and interact directly with some of the best Artists and R&D engineers in our industry. Your job will be to ensure that we deliver the highest quality facial and body motion capture data, checking raw motion capture data for the team.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of animation principles and an acute sense of timing and weight. You must have experience with motion-capture editing techniques.
A successful Junior Technical Animator is expected to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, and a passion for developing high quality games and animations. You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
Using custom and specialized Motion Capture software and tools
Cleaning up, modifying, “plussing,”checking, and QC-ing raw facial and Motion Capture data on a Blade skeleton
• Working directly with the department Lead and Senior Animators as well as Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game
• Following group standards and best practices
• Participating in a multi-discipline development team
• Collaborating effectively with the Art and Capture teams
• Managing day-to-day development issues; identifying problems and driving creative solutions to fix them
• Preparing for, and attending, motion capture shoots, as needed
Skills/experience you’ll bring:
• College degree in Animation or equivalent experience in the video game industry with strong animation portfolio
• Experience with FACS, facial performance animation, and cleanup
• Experience with Motion Capture
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
• Ability to take direction well and address notes
• A passion for developing high quality games
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Motion Builder, Blade, or an equivalent Motion Capture Software
• Python, HSL, or other scripting experience a plus
• Experience with previs & cameras
Apply here:- http://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/ANI00007Y/Santa-Monica-California-Junior-Technical-Animator-Temporary-position?lang=en-US
Activision Recruiting Junior Technical Animator, Activision, Activision hiring, Activision Vfx, Activision Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Activision Recruiting, Activision Recruiting Junior Technical Animator