Activision Recruiting Lead Animation Programmer & Junior Designer
Lead Animation Programmer
Santa Monica, California
What we’re looking for:
As a Lead Animation Programmer, you will:
Lead the design and creation of Activision’s body animation systems, from tools for authoring to compression to implementation of new algorithms.
What you’ll do in the R&D group
· Lead implementation of body animation systems.
· Assist our internal teams to design, implement, and adjust their animation systems.
· Research and Develop in-game physics interactions.
· Research and Develop crowds systems and AI.
· Other duties assigned as required
What you’ll bring
· Experience in 6502, 68000, RISC and the whole 0x86 family
· 10+ years C/C++
· Experience in math, physics and 3d-algorithms
· Visibility Culling
· Progressive Meshes
· Responsive character control (AI- and Player-controlled)
· Motion compression
· Procedural and data-driven IK
· Capturing, processing and retargeting of Mocap in real-time
What you have
· Facial animation expertise
· Design of game-engines and asset-pipelines
· Code optimization on algorithmic- and assembly-level
· The ability to deal with a wide variety of internal and external partners.
· Success working with leadership at both the Studio and Corporate level
· Thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment.
· Be a self-motivated, proactive personality that is concentrated on solving issues before they become problems.
We want to be the best
But that’s only going to happen if you are the best. You’ll do things at Activision that you never thought possible. That’s because we set the bar high and more often than not, jump even higher. If there’s one common thread to the people who succeed in this culture, it’s the ability and the desire to not just deliver, but to over-deliver. So do that—not just for yourself, but for the equally brilliant colleagues sitting next to you, and for the millions of fans worldwide who play our games.
What are you waiting for?
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.activision.com/careers
For creative roles please include a portfolio or link to your work
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicant will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
What we do:
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world’s largest independent video game publisher.
The company’s product portfolio includes Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty®, Skylanders™ and Destiny franchises, and such established licensed properties as Spider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft^®, Warcraft^®, StarCraft^®, and Diablo^® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing, Inc. and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
Great Games Start with Great People
Junior Designer – Raven
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Black Ops, Modern Warfare, Ghosts, Call of Duty:Online] is seeking a passionate Junior Designer to join our team to work on our next project.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
This is an entry-level, temporary position.
• World building in Radiant or equivalent 3d level editor to craft play spaces for world class combat and cinematic encounters
• Assist Senior Designers with implementing various game modes and constantly refining and tuning game spaces
• Help design levels from paper design to shipping product
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
• Demonstrate FPS design skills through a Design Sample that shows a functional command of the Radiant editor (THIS IS A MUST)
• Working knowledge of one or more 3D level/world creation package
• Ability to take direction and execute on a task
• Passionate about FPS level design and knowledgeable about Call of Duty franchise
• Ability to script, especially in GSC
• Mod community experience
Apply here:- http://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/GAM0000E3/Middleton-Wisconsin-Junior-Designer-Raven?lang=en-US
Activision Recruiting Lead Animation Programmer & Junior Designer, Activision, Activision hiring, Activision Vfx, Activision Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Activision Recruiting, Activision Recruiting Lead Animation Programmer, Activision Recruiting Junior Designer