Treyarch is on the hunt for VFX Artists with realtime game experience!
Home to some of the industry’s best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to create visually stunning particle effects for a high-profile, action-packed AAA title. This position requires high-level artistic sensibilities and strong technical skills. The candidate must be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator. This is a temporary, one year assignment. And please note an art test will be required.
What you’ll be doing:
· Creates real time particle systems for the game environment and scripted moments. The artist will work closely with Art leads, Lighting, Design, and Production to bring the level to life.
· The FX artist recreates natural phenomena, such as fire, smoke, explosions, dust, water, and weather systems. The artist will also create real-time particle effects for the destruction of buildings, vehicles, and natural environments and everything in between using a proprietary toolset.
· Set dresses the level with ambient atmospheric effects and produces stunning key scripted effects for high-impact game moments.
· Creates textures to use in the particle effects using Photoshop and other 2D/3D applications.
The skills &experience you’ll need:
· Strong understanding of particle motion, timing, and scale is a must.
· Demonstrated ability with a 3D particle editor/3D package.
· Experience with a scripting language/programming language.
· Excellent texture creation skills using Adobe Photoshop.
· Ability to create all required art assets needed for particle effects and level atmospherics.
· Can follow the style of a particular artist or concept.
· Stays within budgets and the understanding of console limitations.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks at any given time.
· Able to work independently, but maintain “Team Focus.”
· Strong troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively between different departments.
· Degree or certificate in animation, film, or related field, or equivalent FX production experience in games.
· Demo Reel or website showing previous particle FX work.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years in full-cycle AAA game development.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
· Previous FX experience for a shipped AAA title.
· Understanding of script/programming concepts.
· Experience working with real-time materials on next gen consoles.
· Adobe After Effects experience.
· Experience with FumeFX, Houdini, Thinking Particles, Maya fluids and rigid body dynamics.
Apply today:- http://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/ART0000VX
Activision Recruiting VFX Artists, Activision, Activision hiring, Activision Vfx, Activision Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Activision Recruiting, Activision Recruiting VFX Artists