Animal Logic Recruiting Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer who will be responsible for supporting, managing and improving the overall efficiency in the usage of existing server/storage resources and core infrastructure in a mission critical production environment.
This is a hands on role working within a fluid and dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities include:
· Improve departmental service and performance; reduce costs through process optimization, standardization and efficient utilization and management of infrastructure systems; and maximize business productivity by making core services powerful and flexible enough to meet changing production demands.
· Implement and support a wide variety of software and hardware including Redhat Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server, Mac OS X, VMWare, Palo Alto Firewalls, Brocade & HP Networking.
· Plan and implement infrastructure resources to meet changing business requirements, with all appropriate documentation for support and user education.
· Implement methods, tools and techniques to improve the efficiency, security, and effectiveness of infrastructure services.
· Author functional and design specifications, build prototype systems, and use other appropriate techniques to achieve architecture definition and design goals.
· Support the overall technical goals in partnership with software, R&D and production groups.
· Undertake system diagnosis, repair, build, maintain and install software as required.
· Investigate and liaise with concerned parties including vendors for problem resolution, support issues and handling complaints.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· 6 years of experience in a Systems Engineer role or similar
· Experience working within an Entertainment/Media industry is desirable.
· BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience are required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent.
· Certification in one or more of the following areas (ideal but not essential): Isilon, NetApp, Linux, Microsoft Windows, Brocade, Cisco, and/or Solaris.
· An in-depth knowledge of infrastructure architectures and individual component relationships within an architecture (e.g. storage systems, DNS, directory services, mail servers, web servers, etc.), accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. networking, security etc.).
· Expertise in scripting (e.g. Perl, shell, C, etc.) for automation and management of architecture services.
· Knowledgeable regarding open architectures, protocols, and message formats.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational and prioritisation skills.
Apply here:- http://bit.ly/1L1utmf
Animal Logic Recruiting Systems Engineer, Animal Logic hiring, Animal Logic Vfx, Animal Logic Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Vidio Game Jobs, CG,CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Animal Logic Recruiting, Animal Logic Recruiting Systems Engineer