Prime Focus Vancouver hiring Animation Lead
Prime Focus World is a global entertainment services company providing visual effects and stereo 3D conversion to major studios and film-makers around the world.
From Hollywood to Bollywood and points in between, Prime Focus is recognized as a pre-eminent source of creative and technical services to the global entertainment industry. Top movie makers rely on Prime Focus to deliver the artistry, technology and global infrastructure required to efficiently and cost-effectively convert 2D material into dazzling 3D.
Job Title: Animation Lead
To complete all animation tasks given to you by the supervisor and communicate your progress. Maintain a daily schedule with shot and sequences assigned to artists with an estimate for completion. Daily review with department supervisor of all shots for final approval.
CG Lead/ VFX Supervisor/ CG Supervisor
Project and Position Overview:
This contract is for Sin City 2. Prime Focus has the entire movie, so there is a lot of room for creative development within this position. Sin City 2 is a heavily artistic film, with both stylized and photoreal character animation. This will include digi-double animation, vehicle animation, and cinematic camera layout. As such, experience in these areas is a bonus as is rigging and cloth simulation experience.
Areas of Responsibility:
– Consult with VFX Supervisors/Producers on visual effects shot requirements; communicate the work and timeline required.
– Lead the animation team as needed and ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met.
– Develop 3D tools and utilities for individual projects or general use as necessary.
– Lead and supervise the animation team, the creation and delivery of animated shots with VFX Coordinators/Producers as required.
– Work as part of development team and communicate with the Technical Directors to make all tools accessible and operational.
– Create solutions or workarounds for technical problems; evaluate software tools to determine how they would fit into production pipelines, and their suitability for specific projects.
– Assist with shots / images as required.
– Miscellaneous visual effects duties as required.
– Complete and submit weekly timesheets.
– 4+ years experience in feature film and/or gaming production with demonstrated abilities in pre-visualization, animatics and character animation.
– Proficient in Maya
– Previous experience as an animation lead is strongly preferred
– Candidates must possess strong animation and storytelling skills
– Experience with character set-up and animation is a must.
– Strong leadership capabilities
• Location: Vancouver, Canada
• Duration: Contract based
• Start: Immediate
Please contact us at either email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Please note only those who closely match our requirements will be contacted
Prime Focus Vancouver, Prime Focus Vancouver hiring, Prime Focus Vancouver Recruiting, Prime Focus Recruiting Animation Lead, Prime Focus Recruiting, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, hiring, job, jobs, Prime Focus, Prime Focus hiring, Prime Focus Vancouver, Prime Focus Vancouver Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, Prime Focus jobs, Prime Focus jobs, Animation Lead,