Animator- Digital Domain (Vancouver)
Animator Job Description
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Animator will be responsible for producing animated elements, shots and sequences under the direction of the Lead Animator and the Animation Supervisor. The Animator will be expected to deliver key frame animation, as well as animation using motion capture data, to be used in a live action feature film or commercial.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports to Lead Animator or Animation Supervisor, depending upon size of team and established hierarchy.
• Assignments will include animation tests, previs, layout, shots and finals; to be delivered to satisfaction and per delivery schedule.
• Will need to produce high volume and multiple iterations of shots with speed and accuracy.
• Artist needs to be able to function as a solo performer, and as part of a team.
• Full participation to ensure that the highest quality of animation is being achieved on schedule.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum 3 years of experience creating character and creature animation for live action/VFX films.
• Knowledge and work experience in Maya required.
• Additional animation software experience (e.g., 3DS Max, Houdini, Proprietary Packages) are considered a plus.
• Work should demonstrate an experienced ability to define character personality, create fluid motion, organic movement, and storytelling.
• A working knowledge of Motion Capture and/or Rigging is a plus.
• Qualifying collegiate or graduate degrees and awards are preferred.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/ Select Vancouver as city.
Animator – Digital Domain Vancouver, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Hiring, Digital Domain job, Digital Domain jobs, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs