Atomhawk Design Recruiting Intermediate to Senior Concept Artist
Intermediate to Senior Concept Artist
Category: Concept Artist
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for an experienced Concept Artist to join our highly experienced team at Atomhawk Design Ltd. The role presents an exciting and challenging opportunity to play a key part in the continuing growth and success of the UK’s leading design and digital production company, and to work with global entertainment companies and renowned franchises in the fields of games, film, TV and online.
· Job title: Intermediate to Senior Concept Artist
· Salary: TBD
· Location and hours: Gateshead/Full time/Permanent
· Hierarchy and reporting lines: Reports to the Art Manager, Lead Concept Artist and Art Director
The job is full time and would involve relocation to Newcastle/Gateshead UK.
Atomhawk Design Ltd is the UK’s leading conceptual design and digital production company delivering creative solutions across all media and interactive industries including film, video games and online. We are a specialist service provider of bespoke digital art and interactive design work as well as video production and Adobe Flash interactive productions.
Our key goal is to provide world class design and digital art production services, helping our customers to develop and visualise their ideas and presenting those ideas to the world with breathtaking style and quality.
Concept Artists work directly with team lead artists and are responsible for creating the concepts in a broad range of styles in accordance with the requirements of each project/client. The role involves visualising characters, environments and creating storyboards. Candidates must have a broad range of styles; real world as well as fantasy, sci-fi, stylized work.
· Creating concept art for characters, environments, objects to various levels of finish and time constraints
· Mood and feeling of what the character, scene is about
· Architecture – the layout and special proportions of a building, a good knowledge of architectural styles would be advantageous
· Anatomy – basically a blueprint of how the character should be built. A “t-pose” or partial “t-pose” sketch
· Material + texture drawings. These are drawings that have the material qualities of the surfaces in them. This includes the actual photographic blemishes in the face, tooth of the cloth, etc
· Familiar with Photoshop and/or Painter, and a high capacity to learn new tools
· Strong background in traditional art skills
· Anatomical knowledge
· Architectural knowledge
· Good sense of light, form, tone, palette
· Must be able to paint/sketch at speed
· Time management
Skills Considered a Bonus:
· Experience with 3-D software (Max or Maya) a plus
· Familiarity with videogames a plus
· Flash and Vector based design work
· Animation knowledge
Education and Experience:
· A portfolio that demonstrates an industry standard level of art is essential
· We’re looking for an experienced Concept Artist with proven experience in either games, digital media or films
· Professional art training is desirable
In addition to having a good foundation of artistic ability, the role requires working as part of a team and guiding more junior artists, so enthusiasm and good communication skills are essential.
Please send your CV and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, we are unable to consider any application received without a portfolio. Please ensure you put the job title and your name as the subject heading.
Atomhawk Design Recruiting Intermediate to Senior Concept Artist, Atomhawk Recruiting Lead Concept Artist, Atomhawk Design hiring, Atomhawk Design jobs, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, cgi, jobs, Atomhawk Design, Atomhawk Design job