BioWare – Senior Character Artist
BioWare is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world’s most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and Austin (Texas).
BioWare’s games have continually achieved critical and commercial success. All of our published titles are highly rated at www.gamerankings.com; in fact we have 6 games in the top 1% highest rated games of all time! Today BioWare has over 800 staff at its locations and continues to grow. In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. For more information on BioWare, visit www.bioware.com, or follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bioware . To join the millions of fans already registered with the BioWare community, go to http://social.bioware.com/.
BioWare Edmonton is currently seeking an experienced Senior Character Artist. You’ll focus on character sculpting and modeling for our next great IP. Regardless of the style, it’s important for all characters in BioWare games to be emotionally engaging. They must be characters that immerse gamers into the worlds and stories that we create. You will be working alongside a passionate team of designers, concept artists, animators, & engineers.
What does BioWare look for?
· Ability to create high resolution, photorealistic character models or highly expressive and creative works of hi-fidelity
· Strong texturing skills including photographic manipulation, new texture creation and color correction.
· High quality, character models in low, medium, and high polygon counts
· Clean texturing skills and an eye for color
· Excellent sense of scale and form
· Excellent drawing and/or sculpting of the human form, exhibiting a knowledge of anatomy, proportion, weight, and volume
· Ability to work from reference materials, such as photography or concept art
· Good use of light and shadow
What does BioWare look for in a reel?
· Reel/portfolio should illustrate the artist’s ability in creating assets for in-engine use. Display of core assets such as individual materials rendered a plus (diffuse, roughness, normal, etc)
· Strong organic and/or inorganic modeling skills, drawing skills (light, form, shadow, color), knowledge of the human anatomy and form.
· Assets rendered in a PBR environment or willingness to learn new techniques
What Tools skills does BioWare look for?
· Strong Maya, Max, XSI or Modo
· Strong ZBrush or Mudbox
· Substance Designer/Painter experience
· Frostbite/Unreal experience
Apply here: http://bit.ly/1JwpGYc
BioWare Recruiting Senior Character Artist, BioWare, BioWare jobs, BioWare hiring, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, jobs, BioWare Vfx, Recruiting, Recruitment, BioWare Recruiting, BioWare Recruiting Senior Character Artist