BioWare Recruiting Senior Environment Artist
Location: Edmonton (United States)
Start Date: immediately
BioWare is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world’s most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and Austin (Texas).
BioWare’s games have continually achieved critical and commercial success. All of our published titles are highly rated at www.gamerankings.com; in fact we have 6 games in the top 1% highest rated games of all time! Today BioWare has over 800 staff at its locations and continues to grow. In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. For more information on BioWare, visit www.bioware.com, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bioware . To join the millions of fans already registered with the BioWare community, go to http://social.bioware.com
The BioWare Label is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world’s most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently operates in three locations across the world, including Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and Austin (Texas).
BioWare Edmonton is seeking a talented Senior Environment Artist.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding of environment asset and map creation, is able to communicate with other disciplines within the development team and is able to take creative direction from the Art Director. Mentor less experienced members of their team and assist their Lead Artist with managerial tasks if required. Develop a greater knowledge and understanding of advanced techniques used in video game development.
· Support the Art Director and Environment Art Lead in the overall vision for the game while taking ownership on environment zones and props as assigned.
· Conceptualize, design, and create game environments.
· Synthesize concept art and block models into final game environments.
· Work collaboratively with game designers and technical artists to understand and interpret level design requirements within the engine’s technical parameters.
· Assist and support less experienced members of staff in their learning of good work practices, videogame technologies, software, art theory and the overall process of videogame production.
· Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
· Keep abreast of advanced techniques which could be used to improve the visual quality or production pipelines of current or future projects.
· Maintain awareness of studio-wide art and development issues.
· Maintain awareness of and disseminate information regarding organizational related structures, processes, plans and issues.
· Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
· Must exhibit good artistic skill and the ability to adapt to different artistic styles.
· Must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software (3DSMax, Maya and Photoshop preferred).
· Must be autonomous while working on set tasks from the schedule.
· Must have the ability to problem solve and define best work practices within their assigned area of work.
· Must exhibit the ability and willingness to mentor and guide more junior members of staff.
· Must exhibit a keen interest in the field of videogames and related computer graphics technologies.
· A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting and building believable scenes.
· An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
· Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
· Excellent ability to create textures.
· Experience creating environments using modular systems.
· Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
Experience & Qualities Sought:
· Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
· Previous experience creating high quality environments for Xbox 360 and/or PS3 games.
· Expertise in low and hi-poly modeling for video games.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
· Organic terrain and hard surface modeling experience.
· An avid gamer is a plus.
· Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design, or level design is also a plus.
· Experience with a terrain based level editor.
· Organizational Awareness
· Quality and Standards
· Team Skills
· Technical Knowledge
· Planning and Organisation (Good Working Practices)
· Managing Change
· Staff Development
· Judgement / Decision Making / Leadership / Communication
Apply here :- https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=22188&company=EA
BioWare Recruiting, Senior Environment Artist, Environment Artist, BioWare, BioWare jobs, BioWare hiring, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, jobs