Black Tusk Studios Vancouver Recruiting Lead Environment Artist
Lead Environment Artist
Category: Environment Artist
Company: Black Tusk Studios
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Job Category: Software Engineering: Creative
Location: Vancouver, CA
Job ID: 841187-114168
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Lead Environment Artist. In this position, you will be expected to help define the environment quality bar for the studio. You will also be expected to play a critical role in setting technical best practices for the development of our environment tools, pipelines and systems. Working on AAA console title for the Xbox One, you will work with a team of artists to model and texture environments from supplied concept art. High quality modeling, sculpting and texturing skills are required. You will collaborate with other leads on the team including lead game designers, lead programmers, and technical artists to create rich environments.
– Drive the Environment Modeling quality bar with the Art Director and set artistic and technical best practices for environments.
– Responsible for leading, mentoring and problem solving with the environment modeling team.
– Work with the Art Director and Production team to define key milestones and deliverables.
– Actively accepts and provides feedback to the environment art team.
– Ability to work with the Art Director to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game environment assets.
– Collaborate with Art Director and technical teams to develop run-time game environment procedures & pipelines.
– Makes a significant, direct contribution to the creation of environment art.
– Overlook environment outsourcing to ensure process is adhered to and the quality bar is hit.
– Must have 6-8+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent. Must also have 1-3+ years’ experience in a leadership capacity.
– Ideally worked on at least 2-3 titles from pre-production through finaling.
– Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
– Strong awareness for real time graphics issues.
– Demo Reel containing examples of high quality modeling, sculpting, texturing and presentation.
– Lighting experience a plus.
– Ability to make both excellent high-poly and low-poly models.
– Strong experience with Maya or other 3D software packages, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
– Unity, Frostbite or Unreal experience a plus.
Please include a link to your portfolio that best demonstrates your range in design.
*To consider similar openings within Microsoft, use keywords: Microsoft Studios
Apply here:- http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Vancouver-Lead-Environment-Artist-IEB-Black-Tusk-Studios-%28841187%29-Job-BC/2695409/
Black Tusk Studios, Canada, Canada Microsoft Jobs, Engineer Jobs in Canada, Lead Environment Artist, Black Tusk Studios jobs, Black Tusk Studios hiring, cgi, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, cg jobs,Environment Artist, Vancouver