Black Tusk Studios Recruiting Tools & Pipeline Software Development Engineer
Tools & Pipeline Software Development Engineer (SDE)
Company: Black Tusk Studios
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Vancouver, CA
Job ID: 879338-142516
Division: Devices and Studios Engineering
The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to work side by side with programmers, designers, and artists and be passionate about increasing the overall effectiveness of the development teams.
– Develop and maintain of a variety of software tools and workflows used by a large game development team in areas such as audio, animation, automation, cinematics, visual fx, level design and many more.
– Work closely with other developers within the tools and pipeline team to service requests from the design, content and engineering teams on multiple projects.
– Identify new and existing workflows which can be developed and extended to aid in the development of the game.
– Apprentice under and take direction from Sr. Engineers and area leads to grow as a developer and deliver software that meets requirements.
– BSc degree or equivalent experience/education.
– Experience with high level / object oriented languages (C++, C#, C CLI, Python).
– 3+ years of experience within games or an equivalent field.
– Dynamic problem solver.
– Experience creating tools and workflows.
– Experience with technologies such as WPF, WCF, IIS, SQL, LINQ.
– Comfortably works with all disciplines found within a games studio.
– Strong requirements gathering skills and ability to iterate solutions with clients of their code.
– Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices.
– Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
– Passion for playing as well as coding video games.
NICE TO HAVE:
– Strong Math Background.
– Experience with Unreal.
– Experience coding for art packages such as Maya, Photoshop and Houdini.
– Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies.
ABOUT BLACK TUSK:
Black Tusk Studios are a Microsoft 1st party development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from our industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight our fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
Apply here:- http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Vancouver-Tools-&-Pipeline-Software-Development-Engineer-%28SDE%29-Black-Tusk-Studios-%28879338%29-Job-BC/65370400/
Black Tusk Studios Recruiting Tools & Pipeline Software Development Engineer, Black Tusk Studios jobs, Black Tusk Studios hiring, cgi, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, cg jobs, Tools & Pipeline Software Development Engineer