Black Tusk Studios Recruiting VFX Artist
VFX Artist for Gears of War
Category: FX Artist
Company: Black Tusk Studios
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
We’re looking for VFX Artists for contract positions. Send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid to senior vfx artists. 6 or 12 month contract. Game or film vfx experience.
The VFX Artist is responsible for creating and implementing the in-game VFX. He/she must collaborate with the VFX team to achieve the Art Directors vision. The VFX Artist is expected to liaison with Design and Programming to ensure correct implementation of the visual FX. You will be expected to help refine the VFX pipeline, while pushing the boundaries of real-time VFX.
– Translate 2D concept artwork into VFX.
– Translate written and verbal direction into VFX solutions.
– Work closely with Design and Programming.
– Ensure the VFX meet necessary performance and gameplay expectations.
– Continually refine, simplify and expand the VFX content pipeline.
– Work closely with the Art Manager to ensure tasks are tracked accurately.
– Rapid prototyping of VFX utilizing varying techniques.
– 3-5 years experience in videogame production or equivalent experience.
– Preferably at least 1 shipped AAA title as an FX artist.
– Deep understanding of real time VFX techniques and their pro’s and con’s.
– Ability to create content pipelines with ease of content creation in mind.
– Expert in Maya and Photoshop.
– Mel or Python scripting experience.
– Shader authoring experience.
– Expertise in Unreal is a plus.
– Expertise in Houdini is a plus.
Black Tusk Studios Recruiting VFX Artist, Black Tusk Studios, Black Tusk Studios hiring, Black Tusk Studios Vfx, Black Tusk Studios Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, jobs, Black Tusk Studios Recruiting, Black Tusk Studios Recruiting VFX Artist