Bluepoint Games Recruiting 3D Environment Artist
3D Environment Artist
Category: Environment Artist
Company: Bluepoint Games
Location: Austin (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Bluepoint Games is looking for an 3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to join our team on a full time basis. Help us create unique assets for a AAA title and current-generation home video game consoles. We are preferably looking for an individual with senior-level experience, but open to mid-level experience with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating cutting edge environment art.
Please note: This is not an entry level position.
– Create high-quality environment models
– Layout and compose large exterior and interior levels
– Sculpt highly detailed geometry
– Create high-resolution texture maps for use in a PBR workflow
– Transfer high-resolution model detail to game ready texture maps
– Apply and modify cutting edge material techniques
– Layout efficient and quality UVs
– Retopologize sculpted geometry to game ready models
– Maintain gameplay functionality throughout the model iteration process
– Develop and learn the latest art creation technologies
– Collaborate with fellow Artists, Team Leads, and our Engineering and Design departments to produce high quality environments
– Advanced knowledge of Maya modeling and UV tools
– Expert level ZBrush skills
– Strong knowledge of Photoshop for image manipulation/texturing
– Full understanding of game workflows and pipelines
– Desire to learn new techniques and technologies
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Drawing/painting skills to help convey ideas
– At least 5 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
– A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
– Ability to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX
– Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer and Painter
– World Machine knowledge
– Experience world building and creating organic environments
Bluepoint Games is located in Austin, TX, and we specialize in technologically innovative console video games and video game engine development. We are committed to the highest quality gaming experiences.
With roots in original development, our team has remastered award-winning PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 classics in high(er) definition for leading consoles (God of War Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Flower, Gravity Rush Remastered, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection). We also provided our expertise to co-development efforts on Sony’s PlayStation All-Stars (developed on the Bluepoint Engine) and Respawn’s Titanfall.
We are passionately at work remaking a classic for current-gen game systems, growing our capabilities as a team and raising the bar for what fans anticipate from us.
If you qualify and you feel the potential calling you, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org Include “3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST” and your name and in the subject line.
If you currently reside outside of the US, please state whether you are legally authorized to work in the US.
Bluepoint Games Recruiting 3D Environment Artist, Bluepoint Games, Bluepoint, gamer, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Bluepoint Games hiring, Bluepoint Games jobs, Animation, 3d, Bluepoint Games Recruiting, 3D Environment Artist