Brown Bag Films Recruiting Lead Texture Artist
Lead Texture Artist
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of Lead Texture Artist requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software, with several years of experience in a similar supervisory role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. They will have a well-developed ‘eye’ and excellent working knowledge of colour, art and design.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
· Create texture maps for locations and characters working closely with Art Director to set the required look.
· Ability to Work on a broad variety of show styles Creating Photo Real and stylised texture maps as required.
· Work with the 3D Supervisor to ensure the project’s texturing pipeline is reliable and economical and is adhered to throughout production.
· Create Efficient/optimal UV layout for texture painting.
· Approve or complete retake notes on CG Asset’s Texturing submissions via Shotgun when required.
· Create colour/texture keys for Asset development.
· Provide regular progress updates to production manager and 3D supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within the texturing schedule.
· Working with the Art Director – Supervise the quality control (both technically and visually) of the external asset assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction from a Look/Texturing perspective.
· Define, document and communicate standards and techniques for Texturing that maximizes efficiency and ensures a consistent quality under the technical specifications of the project.
· Provide leadership and support for the in-house and external Texturing teams, both creatively and technically, to facilitate the completion of Texturing assignments on schedule.
· Collaborate with the 3D Supervisor to make requests for studio pipeline tool enhancements as they relate to Look development.
· Train Junior Texture Artists on the project
· Must have at least 4 years’ experience working as a Look development Artist (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
· Must be comfortable with outsource management with an emphasis on clear communication and follow through.
· Must have an excellent working knowledge of Texturing in Maya.
· Must have a working knowledge of an industry 3D paint program.
· Solid understanding of shading and surfacing of materials using Mental ray shaders (preferably BBF’s shading suite) is required.
· Must have a good “eye” and a thorough understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and Texturing design.
· Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
· Must be open to direction.
· Must demonstrate attention to detail in texture work.
· Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
· Experience in Texturing/Look pipeline development a big plus.
· Ability to train Junior Artists on the project
Contract type: Fixed Contract
Please include your reel with your application
Please insert Lead Texture Artist in the subject
Apply here:- http://www.brownbagfilms.com/uploads/jobs/LeadTextureArtist_Spec_August_2015.pdf
Brown Bag Films Recruiting Lead Texture Artist, Brown Bag Films, Brown Bag Films jobs, Brown Bag Films Recruiting, cgi, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, Brown Bag Films Recruiting Lead Texture Artist, Lead Texture Artist