Brown Bag Films Recruiting Software Developer
Software Developer (Full Time)
Job Title: Software Developer
Reporting to: Head of Pipeline
Based in: Manchester, UK
Brown Bag Films are currently looking for a software developer to collaborate in the delivery of production-ready tools for its TV production pipeline.
The software developer provides direct and daily technical support to current TV Productions.The software developer works with the HOD to architect & develop production tools as well as supporting modules in a python scripting environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to Harmony technical issues, automating Shotgun, Deadline/Rendering, as well as support the asset and shot production pipelines..
● Maintain and extend the current 2D BBF tools repository
● Train and support artists in using pipeline tools.
● Development of new technology to support the current productions for the 2D pipeline.
● Conduct efficiency studies of workflows in current tools and work towards improving it.
● Documenting APIs, user guides and internal policies and procedures.
● Design and implementation of graphical user interfaces for internal tools.
● Integrate software with existing systems.
● Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
● Work with TDs and Head of R&D/Pipeline to understand the needs of the Studio
● Attend relevant conference and trade shows
● Mentor junior programmers in the team and perform code reviews
● Use source code version control systems to deploy code in production
● Any other relevant tasks deemed appropriate by your manager or directors of the company.
● Extensive development experience in Python and C++ or C#
● Excellent understanding of databases and asset management.
● Must have experience working on MS Windows and Linux
● Good understanding of Computer Science principles (preprocessing, compiling, linking, profiling, etc)
● Excellent ability to learn, adapt and deliver
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Solid understanding of current web development technologies
● Experience in test driven development environments
Tool development for ToonBoom, Photoshop
Experience with AngularJS
Experience with DVCS
Experience with TDD
Experience with Shotgun Toolkit
Knowledge of rendering technologies
·A deep understanding of technologies and production practices
Contract type: Fixed Contract
Apply here:- https://login.hirelocker.com/public/JobIFrame/9647?urlCallback
Brown Bag Films Recruiting Software Developer, Brown Bag Films, Brown Bag Films jobs, Brown Bag Films Recruiting, cgi, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, Brown Bag Films Recruiting, Software Developer