Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Gangster Squad, Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Once Upon A Time, Fringe and Falling Skies.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
We are currently seeking a 3D Project specific Lead for our episodic department. This is a contract position at our Vancouver location. The 3D Project Lead works with the Project Supervisor and 2d Lead to establish overall look and design and develop templates to ensure efficient work flow.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Work with Creative Director, VFX Lead, and Comp Lead to achieve creative goals and maintain quality standards.
- Working with VFX Lead and Comp Lead, responsible for look development on any new environments and any new characters. Responsible for CG team hitting creative and technical notes during this process, and for setting up any specific pipeline.
- Working with Comp Lead after look dev is approved to ensure modules are completed for any new environments. Responsible for CG team to fix any technical notes during this process.
- Work with VFX lead to interpret and achieve client notes.
- Overall responsible for tasking out CG “generalist” team, consisting of about seven people. Make sure that artists are on task, hitting creative and technical notes, and staying within schedule. Help guide and mentor more junior artists.
- Overall, main liaison between any CG needs with other departments (such as tracking, for example). Make sure CG needs are communicated.
- Overall, work with and oversee dynamics and animation leads. Make sure pipeline is being followed and work with department leads for solutions to any problems.
- Work with Producer and department leads to ensure deadlines and milestones are staying within schedule and budget.
Zoic is a Maya/VRay/Nuke studio. Please email CV and link to reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
*BC Residents only please.