CG Supervisor – Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: CG Supervisor
Reports to: Senior Artist Manager (Facility); DFX Supervisor (Show)
Classification: Full Time
Purpose of the job:
The CG Supervisor oversees the through-put of shots through the 3D pipeline, partnering with the Compositing Supervisor to ensure delivery of assigned work on schedule and on budget. They are also responsible for the implementation of an efficient and effective approach that allows the artists to focus on creating the highest quality images with a minimum of resources within the production schedule and budget.
• Partners with the DFX and/or Digital Producer in scheduling/updating the tasks on the show
• Partners with the Production Coordinators in task management at the asset and shot level; includes wrangling weekly goals and pushing shots through the pipeline
• Participates in turnover meetings, shot breakdowns, and re-bidding over the course of the show
• Participates in the staffing aspects of the show. Includes liaising with the facility Department Supervisors on staffing and assessing resource needs across shows.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the tools and techniques in use within the facility pipeline and offers creative solutions to the DFX and team
• Ensures Team dailies are set up and running consistently
• Provides concise direction and feedback to Leads and artists on the floor, focusing effort on the critical parts of the shot
• Delegates to Team Leads and/or artists to ensure focus on technique and methodology
• Mediates discussions within the Leads and Artists, acts as an escalation point for the Leads and resolves conflicts between the Leads as needed
• Anticipates show challenges and identifies solutions with the DFX, maintaining an ongoing focus on optimization and streamlining throughout the life of the show
• Identifies and utilizes tools and techniques which improve productivity and the quality of the work; avoids reinvention of the wheel or duplication of effort both within the show and across the facility
• Responsible for render prioritization across the show
• May participate in the bidding process and strategizes on creative approach for Features working with the Bidding Producer to accurately estimate work-load and resources in creating production budgets
• Collaborates with other CG Supervisors and Compositing Supervisors in the facility and promotes a positive and productive work environment
• Responsible to the Visual Effects Supervisor in realizing his vision
• Responsible for the success/failure of the artist departments on a show
• Ensures effective communication between disciplines within the show and partners with peer group to ensure critical information is shared across shows
• Mentors the Leads and Artists, providing ongoing feedback and participating in mid-show and end of show review process for team
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required:
• Minimum of 6 years of artist experience across 2 disciplines
• Minimum of 2 years of Lead experience in feature film VFX required
• Strong knowledge of the entire post-production process relating to visual effects
• Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
• Must have strong problem solving mentality and/or the ability to accurately place people who can solve a particular problem
• Ability to successfully delegate, mentor, and manage people and projects
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain productions, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com
CG Supervisor – Digital Domain Vancouver, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting