Cinesite Recruiting Layout Artist
Layout Artist (Feature Animation Montreal)
Location: Montreal (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Cinesite Montreal is seeking Layout artists for Feature Animated Films. Ideal candidate should be highly organized and motivated with the desire to work within a top-quality and fast paced animation team.
• Work with the Layout Lead and the Director to create sequences that convey the story through traditional camera principles in a stereoscopic environment
• Based on the storyboards, establish camera positioning, shot composition, and basic character blocking.
• Be able to create and maintain shot continuity both of camera and objects across a series of shots
• Understand and establish how camera enhances and serves the story at a specific point in the film
• Deliver assignments based on the established quotas and as per the schedule
• Work with the animation and asset build departments to fix any technical issues
• Strong Maya knowledge with good problem solving skills and a solid understanding of a stereoscopic feature animation pipeline.
• Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues in order to maintain continuity within the sequence.
• Previous experience of scene layout to match previs or storyboard reference is preferred.
• Technical problem solving is key to the role so basic Mel and Python scripting is ideal but not required.
• Excellent Maya skills and a strong knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work.
• A working knowledge of stereoscopic cameras and shot-to-shot depth continuity.
• Previous film industry experience is preferred.
• Strong background in feature CG character animation a plus.
• Excellent Maya skills, and a good understanding of how to best use facial and body pose libraries.
• Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools.
• Thorough understanding of the feature animation pipeline from modeling through rigging, animation and rendering.
• Ability to work well in a team and solve shot specific issues independently.
• Ability to project requirements and work within a deadline.
• Possess a basic understanding of rigging techniques.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts, animation or equivalent experience preferred.
• Organized and methodical.
Apply here:- email@example.com
Cinesite Recruiting Layout Artist, Cinesite, Cinesite Vfx, Cinesite hiring, Cinesite Jobs, Cinesite Studio, Cinesite Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Cinesite Recruiting, Cinesite Recruiting Layout Artist