Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Environment Artist
Any CIG studio
Cloud Imperium Games is the groundbreaking development team behind the highly anticipated space sim Star Citizen. We continue to set higher standards of quality and push the boundaries on what is possible in a modern game engine. We are a group of talented developers in a fast-paced environment and encourage ownership and thinking on your feet. Join our team of star-performers in pushing the envelope on in game visuals.
Cloud Imperium is looking for Environment Artists with experience working in high-poly modular environments. Our artists are responsible for working closely with designers in laying out and finishing geo, props, materials, and textures on planetside locations.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of environment asset creation and modular kit-based construction methodologies. They understand all phases of environment creation from blockout through lighting. They work well and communicate with designers and other disciplines in a collaborative team oriented development process.
• Synthesize levels from concept art and level blockouts into final game environments.
• Conceptualize, design, and create kits and tilesets in collaboration with Art Director, designers and across geographically dispersed teams.
• Work with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to understand and interpret level design, file naming, and directory structure requirements within the engine’s and game’s limitations.
• Support the Art Director interpreting the vision for the game while taking ownership on kits, tilesets, locations, and props as tasked.
• Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
• Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
• Previous experience creating high quality environments for AAA games.
• Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop, as well as experience in using editors to lay out environments.
• Experience creating environments using modular systems.
• An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
• Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
• A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes.
• Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
• Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Experience with Cry Engine.
• Hard surface modeling experience.
• Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes.
• Knowledge and/or experience with PBR (physically based rendering).
• Experience with programmatic and/or parametric environment generation tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• An avid gamer.
• Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design.
Location: Los Angeles, CA, Austin, TX and Manchester UK
Please send your resume or CV in PDF, HTML, text, or Word format to the relevant email address as outlined below with “*Environment Artist*” in the subject line if you are interested in this position. Please note, there is a separate email address for the UK studio;
Apply here:- email@example.com
Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Environment Artist, Cloud Imperium Game, Cloud Imperium Game hiring, Cloud Imperium Game VFX, Cloud Imperium Game Studio, Cloud Imperium Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, VFX Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Environment Artist