Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Lead Real-Time VFX Artist
Lead Real-Time VFX Artist
Foundry 42 Wilmslow is looking for a Lead Real-Time VFX Artist. Under direction of the Visual Effects Director, you will drive the workflows and pipelines of the VFX team for Star Citizen/Squadron 42.
CIG’s VFX team are working on the cutting edge of video game development, closely collaborating with our talented art, design and programming teams to create Real-Time visual effects for Science Fiction environments, vehicles and weapons.
• Work closely with the Visual Effects Director to:
o Effectively interpret and communicate the Game Directors’ project vision.
o Establish, maintain and incrementally improve visual targets for the projects’ VFX.
o Establish, maintain and incrementally improve VFX workflow and pipeline practices.
• Lead a team of VFX Artists by example, ensuring they follow approved workflow and pipeline practices to create and maintain consistently high visual effects.
• Work closely with Graphics/Gameplay Engineers and Designers to build new VFX-specific tools/features, and improve existing ones.
• Ensure the projects’ VFX assets are incrementally improved as tools/feature improvements come online.
• Work closely with specialized QA to maintain and improve VFX testing procedures.
• 3+ years of professional experience in game development.
• 1+ year experience in a leadership role.
• 2+ shipped (from pre-production to release), 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
• Previous experience creating high quality VFX for AAA games.
• Excellent knowledge of real-time particle systems and shaders, including effective optimization practices.
• Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games and films.
• Strong verbal, written communication and time management skills.
• Ability to catalogue/monitor a large quantity of VFX assets, ensuring that they are maintained accordingly.
• Be highly self-motivated and show initiative.
• Ability to effectively communicate the global vision of the Game and VFX Directors, and critique peoples’ work accordingly.
• Ability to facilitate and contribute to the mentoring of junior/mid-level staff.
• Be able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required.
• A passion for video game development.
• International travel may be required as part of the role.
• Experience with offline fluid sims (for example: FumeFX, Houdini) and 2D Packages (for example: Photoshop, After Effects)
• Experience with CryEngine/Lumberyard.
• Experience working in a multiple-studio/time-zone set-up.
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Apply here:- email@example.com
Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Lead Real-Time VFX Artist, Cloud Imperium Game, Cloud Imperium Game hiring, Cloud Imperium Game VFX, Cloud Imperium Game Studio, Cloud Imperium Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, VFX Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting, Lead Real-Time VFX Artist