Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Game Programmer & Systems Designer
Senior Game Programmer
Foundry 42 in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Game Programmer to join the team.
• Engineer code that achieves desired gameplay as specified by game designs.
• Assist in designing and creating gameplay tools that facilitates developer workflow and alleviates bottlenecks.
• Share your knowledge of transforming code into fun by instilling those values and skills in other engineers.
• Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features.
• Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
• Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
• Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
• Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
• Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
• Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
• Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
• Work well with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
• Provide technical leadership within areas of expertise to the engineering team.
• Design efficient, high quality systems and create technical designs that can be implemented by other engineers.
• Function well with limited supervision.
• Passion for video games, science-fiction, and space simulations.
• C / C++ programming skills
• A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience, with at least one shipped AAA title.
• Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra.
• Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, or online networking.
• Speaks “Designer” fluently.
• Experience with code optimization.
• Comfortable contributing to an established engine.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers.
• Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
• High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Computer science or related degree.
• Expertise working within CryEngine.
• Experience with multithreaded code.
• Knowledge of engineering for online games.
• Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development.
• Experience with multiplayer architecture.
Apply here:- email@example.com
Foundry 42 Ltd. in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, game modes, and scripted events for Star Citizen.
• Design and develop new features for Squadron 42 and the FPS module under the lead of the Lead Systems Designer and Game Director.
• Be able to implement content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems.
• Cleanly implement content with our designer tools and scripting language.
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
• Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
• Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
• Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks, or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
• 3+ years of professional experience in game development – in a System/Tech Designer capacity.
• Experience (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles).
• Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
• Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
• Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
• Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
• Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences.
• Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
• Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
• Be proactive and self-motivated, work without minimal supervision.
• Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
• Excellent English communication and written skills.
• Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
• Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
• FPS Experience.
• MP debugging experience.
• Knowledge with CryENGINE, especially the Sandbox toolset.
• Experience in data analysis.
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes.
• Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Game Programmer & Systems Designer, Cloud Imperium Game, Cloud Imperium Game hiring, Cloud Imperium Game VFX, Cloud Imperium Game Studio, Cloud Imperium Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, VFX Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Game Programmer, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Systems Designer, Senior Game Programmer, Systems Designer