Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Sound Designer
Senior Sound Designer
Cloud Imperium Games is looking to add an experienced Senior Sound Designer to the CIG Audio team, based at Foundry 42 Ltd in Wilmslow, UK.
This is not a junior position.
The ideal applicant will have strong technical knowledge of Wwise middleware, and will have shipped at least one title, ideally more; the successful applicant will be expected to be able to adjust to different development tools as we’re developing a lot of our own tech. This project is very technical in its nature and as such you’ll be expected to drive progress of systems and tools and pick up our toolset (based on Amazon Lumberyard) quickly.
As a Senior Sound Designer, as well as the usual prerequisites of producing world class sound content and setting a high audio standard internally, you’ll also have some responsibility for mentoring and training juniors, and for defining and communicating how best to do what we do in CIG Audio. We are pushing for a high quality bar and you should have an idea of how to push it higher! The sound of Star Citizen is being forged by a centralised core audio team where all members are encouraged to explore concepts and present ideas to their team mates.
As well as sound design and some organisational aspects to this role, music editing and compositional skills would be extremely desirable. Experience liaising with external composers, and in-depth knowledge of the Wwise interactive music system, would be most advantageous.
In depth experience of working on FPS titles will prove useful, and a love of space/science fiction always helps!
Please apply with a demo-reel/portfolio.
* Have a genuine passion for games (yes, even after years within the industry!) and be invested in the latest developments within game sound
* World class sound effect design and implementation. We may have a lot of memory and CPU to play with but you’ll still want to spend them wisely
* Oversight of music implementation, liaison with external composers, occasional music composition where required
* Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs
* Specify and design audio tools for our audio programming team. If you can talk their language(s), so much the better
* Responsive to feedback from peers on the team. We should be able to criticise each other’s work
* Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department
* Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game, actively looking to assist others with your experience and knowledge
* Should also be able to work independently, take ownership of aspects of the sound and achieve great results
* Keen to collaborate closely with members of the wider team making Star Citizen and Squadron 42 a brilliant experience
* Liaising with world class outsource resources – we get the best to help us, and you need to be able to talk with them to get what material we need
* Some music and dialogue implementation may be required – it’s all sound after all
* International travel may be required as part of the role
* Solid experience of at least one (preferably multiple) Digital Audio Workstations & various plug-ins (we’re Reaper fans here but you can use what you’re most comfortable with, if you’re capable of producing world class assets in a particular DAW)
* A working knowledge of common audio middleware and/or proprietary tech. Lumberyard / CryEngine is a real plus point here, also Wwise
* Cubase experience, or similar musical package for your compositional exploits
* Ability to edit music to picture/cutscenes and a high level of skill working with interactive music systems within Wwise
* Plenty of general experience using game engines to implement and work with sound. If you’ve used another engine and it does stuff better, we’ll look to replicate it, if it improves things
* A game audio mind-set. E.g. you like to granulate loops and re-sequence that stuff. You wouldn’t be seen dead looping a 30 second wav in a game anymore
* PD, Max/MSP, Python, XML, C++ or C# would be a plus, though we’d hope you wouldn’t need to, it all helps. Some visual programming wouldn’t go amiss either, e.g. Kismet, Flowgraph, Frostbite
* A great show reel of relevant audio work for games
* Great communication skills, both text and verbal
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Sound Designer, Cloud Imperium Game, Cloud Imperium Game hiring, Cloud Imperium Game VFX, Cloud Imperium Game Studio, Cloud Imperium Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, VFX Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting, Senior Sound Designer