Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Systems Designer, Senior Cinematic Artist/Designer & UI Programmer
Senior Systems Designer
Foundry 42 Ltd. in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a Senior Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, game modes, and scripted events for Star Citizen.
• Design and develop new features for Squadron 42 and the FPS module under the lead of the Game Director.
• Be the “go to” person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy programmer/designer interaction.
• Be a leader within the department for cleanly implementing content with our designer tools and scripting language.
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
• Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
• Use expert data analysis skills plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
• Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
• Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
• Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
• Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
• Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
• 4+ years of professional experience in game development – in an System/Tech Designer capacity
• Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1-2+, large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
• Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
• Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
• Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
• Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remains positive, and motivate your team.
• Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique.
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques.
• Excellent English communication and written skills.
• Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
• Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
• FPS Experience.
• MP debugging experience.
• Knowledge with CryENGINE, especially the Sandbox toolset.
• Experience in data analysis.
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes.
Apply here:- email@example.com
Senior Cinematic Artist/Designer
Foundry 42 Ltd in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a Senior Cinematic Artist/Designer to create high-quality cutscenes for Squadron 42 under the direction of the Cinematic Directors.
• Scripting, layout, and incorporation of in-game and/or pre-rendered cutscenes, level locations and cutscene elements using the CryENGINE Sandbox Editor
• Create art and VFX assets for cutscenes by using existing tools based upon needs
• Work closely with Cinematic and Cinematic Art Directors to assure a high degree of quality on all cutscenes
• Assist in documentation of cinematic development processes and techniques
• Coordinate with cross-studio groups including art, animation, audio and production to achieve project objectives
• Provide guidance and assistance where required, and is willing to accept guidance and assistance when required
• Show a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
• Mentor and supervise less experienced designers to increase overall scene design quality
• 4+ years of professional experience in game development – in a Cinematic Artist/Design capacity
• Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2-3+, large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
• Experienced understanding and ability to build high-quality cutscenes with a focus on cinematic techniques including: camera angles, scene layout and blocking, color and lighting design, and actor blocking
• A thorough understanding of cinematic production pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
• Demonstrable CG experience in commercials, features and/or games
• Strong layout and camera animation skills
• Understanding of animation, timing, staging and storytelling techniques
• Clear understanding of film language, cinematography, demonstrating strong composition, continuity and camera angle choices
• Follow direction as well as provide imaginative, creative solutions to problems
• Experience with next generation AAA game engines
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remains positive, and motivate your team
• Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to gather, analyse, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
• Excellent English communication and written skills
• Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany
• Knowledge with CryENGINE, especially the Sandbox toolset
• Experience in using scripting tools including: AI, in-game interactive sequences, scenario design, etc
• Cinematography knowledge
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes
• Experience with story boarding, gesture drawing and composition
• Experience with making film
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced User Interface Engineer to join our UK based team, Foundry 42 Ltd, to work on our record-breaking crowd-funded game, Star Citizen! This position is responsible for developing engaging user experiences within an evolving codebase. The ideal candidate will be able to realize the vision of the art and design while working within the limits of the engine and engineering resources.
• Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI features.
• Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts.
• Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features.
• Work with production staff and other leads to identify engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements.
• Adhere to established coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
• Serve as an active partner with other team members working on UI features.
• Acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the interface.
• Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams.
• Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment.
• Previous user interface design and implementation experience.
• A minimum of 2 years’ professional game programming experience, with at least one shipped AAA title.
• Expert C++ programming skills.
• Familiar with Flash / ActionScript.
• Deep familiarity with common user interface concepts like layout, text, event-driven programming, and control widgets.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
• Demonstrated ability to balance programming tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
• High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Passion for video games.
• Computer science or related degree.
• Expertise working within CryEngine.
• Experience working with localization / internationalization systems and dealing with common related issues.
• Experience developing or maintaining a UI toolkit framework.
• Familiar with Lua, Python, or other scripting languages.
• Experience working directly with low-level 3D graphics systems.
• Passion for science fiction and space simulations.
Location: Manchester UK
Apply here:- email@example.com
Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Systems Designer, Senior Cinematic Artist/Designer & UI Programmer, Cloud Imperium Game, Cloud Imperium Game hiring, Cloud Imperium Game VFX, Cloud Imperium Game Studio, Cloud Imperium Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, VFX Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Systems Designer, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Cinematic Artist/Designer, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting UI Programmer, Senior Systems Designer, Senior Cinematic Artist/Designer, UI Programmer