Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Sound Designer & Senior Lighting Artist
Cloud Imperium Games is looking to add an experienced Sound Designer to the CIG Audio team, based at Foundry 42 Ltd in Wilmslow, UK.
This is potentially open to anyone from junior to principal level.
The ideal applicant will have strong technical knowledge of Wwise middleware, and will have shipped at least one title, ideally more; the successful applicant will be expected to be able to adjust to different development tools as we’re developing a lot of our own tech. This project is very technical in its nature and as such you’ll be expected to drive progress of systems and tools and pick up our toolset (based on Amazon Lumberyard) quickly.
As a Sound Designer, as well as the usual prerequisites of producing world class sound content and setting a high audio standard internally, you will assist in pushing for a high quality bar and you should have an idea of how to push it higher! The sound of Star Citizen is being forged by a centralised core audio team where all members are encouraged to explore concepts and present ideas to their team mates.
In depth experience of working on FPS titles will prove useful, and a love of space/science fiction always helps!
Please apply with a demo-reel/portfolio.
· Have a genuine passion for games and be invested in the latest developments within game sound
· World class sound effect design and implementation. We may have a lot of memory and CPU to play with but you’ll still want to spend them wisely
· Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs
· Specify and design audio tools for our audio programming team. If you can talk their language(s), so much the better
· Responsive to feedback from peers on the team. We should be able to criticise each other’s work
· Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department
· Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game, actively looking to assist others with your experience and knowledge
· Should also be able to work independently, take ownership of aspects of the sound and achieve impressive results
· Keen to collaborate closely with members of the wider team making Star Citizen and Squadron 42 a brilliant experience
· Liaising with world class outsource resources – we get the best to help us, and you need to be able to talk with them to get what material we need
· Some music and dialogue implementation may be required – it’s all sound after all
· Solid experience of at least one (preferably multiple) Digital Audio Workstations & various plug-ins (we’re Reaper fans here but you can use what you’re most comfortable with, if you’re capable of producing world class assets in a particular DAW)
· A working knowledge of common audio middleware and/or proprietary tech. Lumberyard / CryEngine is a real plus point here, also Wwise
· Plenty of general experience using game engines to implement and work with sound
· A game audio mind-set. E.g. you like to granulate loops and re-sequence that stuff. You wouldn’t be seen dead looping a 30 second wav in a game anymore
· PD, Max/MSP, Python, XML, C++ or C# would be a plus, though we’d hope you wouldn’t need to, it all helps. Some visual programming wouldn’t go amiss either, e.g. Kismet, Flowgraph, Frostbite
· A great show reel of relevant audio work for games
· Great communication skills, both text and verbal
· International travel may be required as part of the role
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Lighting Artist
The Senior Lighting Artist will work in a cooperative, international, cross-disciplinary team environment, possessing solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form. They should have experience with a 3D CG package, demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV’s. They should also demonstrate a strong ability to utilize in-house tools to solve technical problems and improve performance as well as interacting with engineers to help develop new tools and workflows.
Involved in look-development around key surfaces and shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within environments and cut scenes.
Placing and adjustment of light sources within the environment.
Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
Contributing to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
Profile existing and future levels to maximize the quality of lighting on characters and environments while staying within performance budgets.
Experience & Skills:
Experience in creating and shipping AAA quality titles as a real-time lighting artist.
Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
Good understanding and experience with physical based lighting system
Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
Skilled at balancing visual quality against performance requirements.
Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
Great communication skills and an ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance.
Working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
International travel may be required as part of the role
Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Excellent English communication and written skills
Apply here:- email@example.com
Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Sound Designer & Senior Lighting Artist, Cloud Imperium Game, Cloud Imperium Game hiring, Cloud Imperium Game VFX, Cloud Imperium Game Studio, Cloud Imperium Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, VFX Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Sound Designer, Cloud Imperium Game Recruiting Senior Lighting Artist, Sound Designer, Senior Lighting Artist