Compositing Supervisor – CoSA VFX Vancouver
CoSA VFX is looking for a BC-Resident COMPOSITING LEAD / IN-HOUSE SUPERVISOR to join us for the start of the Fall TV Series season in our Vancouver Studio. You should have a minimum of 5 years senior-level experience in TV and/or motion pictures, at least 2 years of which have been spent in a supervisory role.
Our company is a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment. Recent projects include Almost Human, Gotham, Person of Interest and Foxcatcher.
Successful candidates must be:
* Available for in-person interview in Vancouver, BC
* BC Resident in 2013 + Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, Open Permit or NAFTA TN Permit (no LMO permits at this time)
* Available for a July/August 2014 start date (negotiable start-date)
You should have:
* A minimum of 5 years experience as a compositor in TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is required.
* Additionally, a minimum of 2 years experience as a Compositing Supervisor, with a proven track record leading a team of artists.
* High-level knowledge of Nuke. Proficiency in After Effects is a plus.
* Ability to implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges, and to develop more than one approach to a shot into viable creative options.
* Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
* Familiarity with Shotgun a plus.
* Supervising a small team of artists; cultivating the skills of junior artists and collaborating effectively with senior artists.
* Reviewing shots to ensure quality and consistency, including technical specifications, file naming and color space. Providing articulate, helpful feedback to in-house artists.
* Interpreting and facilitating client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result. Interfacing with off-site VFX Supervisors, Producers and clients as needed.
* Solving creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, sharing ideas with teammates and iterating rapidly based on client notes.
* Establishing ‘hero’ looks, and buildings templates / set-ups that will be used by the team for a consistent look across multiple shots.
* Collaborating effectively with CoSA’s Production team in Vancouver and Los Angeles to ensure client expectations regarding schedule and budget are met.
Please email your resume and a link to your reel, including ‘COMPOSITING LEAD/SUPERVISOR – VANCOUVER’ in the subject line, to:
You can find out more about us here:
Compositing Supervisor – CoSA VFX Vancouver, CoSA VFX, CoSA VFX Hiring, CoSA VFX job, CoSA VFX Recruiting, CoSA VFX Studios, hiring, job, Recruiting, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, 3d jobs, Compositing Supervisors