Facial Technical Assistant – Digital Domain Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Facial Data Processor is responsible for turning raw, high-fidelity facial performance data into production-ready animation assets used in the creation of realistic digital characters.
● Process facial motion capture data through a multi-step, flexible production pipeline.
● Use a toolkit that may include proprietary software, Python scripts and Maya (using
custom tools, mel scripts, and Maya’s interactive tools for modeling and animation).
● Perform various modeling tasks including the fitting of meshes to facial scans and the
alignment of individual vertices on meshes.
● Work with scans of heads and actor face meshes.
● Work within a show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks.
● Take direction from head of the facial mocap pipeline.
Experience and Skills:
● 2+ years experience working with modeling and animation tools in Maya, especially the
modeling of faces
● Keen interest in facial anatomy, motion, and animation
● Extremely meticulous, discriminating eye, high attention to detail
● Adept at recognizing visual patterns
● Must be comfortable with:
○ High-density face models and meshes
○ Per-pixel operations on meshes with thousands of points
○ Navigating through file systems on Windows
○ Working with large sequences of files
○ Command-line launching of scripts
○ Basic modeling and animation tools in Maya
○ Running mel scripts in Maya
○ Chaining together processes to solve problems
● Experience with facial scans, modeling, rigging, animation, mocap is a big plus
To apply for this position please select Vancouver under the drop down location menu and submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/
Digital Domain Recruiting Facial Technical Assistant, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Facial Technical Assistant