Digital Domain Recruiting FX Pipeline Technical Director
FX Pipeline Technical Director
Digital Domain 3.0 (BC) Ltd.
Job Title: FX Pipeline Technical Director
Reports to: Global Pipeline Supervisor
Classification: Full Time, Project
Date: Dec 3, 2016
Location: 1618West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6J 1V4
Salary Range: $80,000- $95,000 / Annum
Apply on line: careers.digitaldomain.com/
Purpose of the job:
The FX Technical Director works with peers and supervisors to craft novel systems, tools, techniques, and procedures to aid the execution of the current project and advance the capabilities of the facility. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production work flow. The FX Technical Director should have a working knowledge of rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation, fluid and gas solvers, and above all, experience utilizing this knowledge in crafting FX assets and systems.
• Design and create FX assets and systems for use by shot FX Artists
• Design and create tools using a combination of custom and commercial APIs, including those applicable to Houdini and Maya, depending upon the emphasis of the specific role
• Integrate new tools into Digital Domain’s existing pipeline, using a combination of Python, C++, and the aforementioned APIs
• Work with shot artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production
• Craft and update documentation for assets, tools, techniques and work flows generated by the FX Technical Director
• Remain informed of current technologies in the Technical Director’s field(s) of expertise
Education and/or Experience Required:
• 3+ years experience as a Technical Director for Feature Films
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
• Experience designing FX assets and systems for general use in a production by shot artists
• Practical knowledge of Python strongly desired, knowledge of PyQt a plus
• Working experience with one or more professional graphics FX packages, including Houdini and/or Maya, depending upon the project
• Proficiency in applicable domain specific programming language(s) including Hscript and/or Mel, depending upon the project
• Proficiency in one or more professional graphics package C++/Python APIs, including the HDK or the Maya SDK, depending upon the project
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
Eligible for BC Medical monthly premium coverage upon your enrollment into BC’s provincial plan. Also eligible to be enrolled into Digital Domain’s extended health and dental benefits plan
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Digital Domain Recruiting FX Pipeline Technical Director, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, FX Pipeline Technical Director