Digital Domain Recruiting FX TD Houdini
FX TD Houdini
Category: FX TD
Company: Digital Domain Vancouver
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Description bellow got created from PDF. Therefore it displays maybe not 100% perfect.
Original Company Job-Description as PDF >>
FX Technical Director Job Description
Location: Vancouver, BC
The FX Technical Director works with peers and supervisors to craft novel systems, tools, techniques, and
procedures to aid the execution of projects and advance the capabilities of the facility. Effects needs range
from rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation,
Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Design and create systems, tools and assets using a combination of proprietary and third-party
● Integrate and support new tools into the facility’s existing pipeline.
● Collaborate with Supervisors and FX Leads to determine the projects’ needs.
● Work closely with FX Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production.
● Craft and update documentation for assets, tools, techniques and workflows.
● Remain informed of current technologies.
● Take direction from FX Supervisors and Leads as well as provide guidance and mentorship to
other FX TDs and FX Artists.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
● 3+ years experience as a Technical Director for Feature Films
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
● Extensive experience designing effects assets and systems for general use in production by FX
● Expert knowledge of any/all of the following; rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling
and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics.
● Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena.
● Production experience using Houdini (including building Houdini OTLs) and/or Naiad is required.
● Experience with one or more other professional software packages such as Maya, 3D Studio Max
or Real Flow is a plus.
● Practical knowledge of Python required, knowledge of PyQt is a plus.
● Proficiency in applicable domain specific programming languages and C++ APIs, including
HScript, Mel, HDK or the Maya SDK is desired.
● Requires strong technical and communication skills within a show structure.
● Firm understanding of effects production pipelines.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=10_2_0072
Digital Domain Recruiting FX TD Houdini, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Hiring, Digital Domain job, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, FX TD Houdini