Head of Technology
Digital Domain 3.0, Inc.
Job Title: Head of Technology
Reports to: President
Digital Effects Supervisors, Director of RND, Director of Systems, Global Pipeline Supervisor, Production Technology Supervisor, Technology Production Manager
Classification: Full Time, Staff
Date: September 2015
Purpose of the job:
The Head of Technology oversees the day to day management and daily operations of domains under the Technology division and is responsible for long-term planning and implementation of initiatives across departments. This role oversees and is accountable for the completion of Technology projects within an established production timeframe and budget across all studios.
· Directs and oversees the implementation of the Technology roadmap with the direct reports. DFX Supervisors, CG Supervisors, Department Supervisors and Software Development leadership to standardize production procedures, define pipeline requirements, develop project plans, and integrate solutions to address production specific needs
· Management responsibilities include: determination of work procedures and priorities, recruitment, career development, performance evaluation, and performance management of Technology personnel
· Working with the President, drives and implements the long-term strategic planning for Technology.
· Responsible for managing Technology departments expense and capital budgets
· In tandem of the DFX Supervisors and Production Technology Supervisor, leads the Technology show approach
planning with key stake holders and attends regular show status meetings.
Manages facility communication regarding Technology and provides regular updates to Executive Staff.
Leads effective communication between Technology teams to facilitate the development and deployment of integrated production pipeline solutions.
Acts as escalation point for all Technology management, Productions, and Administration for all technology related issues.
· Partners with DFX and Production Technology Supervisor to define pipeline requirements, develop project plans, and integrate solutions to address production specific needs with the support of the Director of RND and Global Pipeline Supervisor.
· Oversees the configuration of any major restructuring and enhancement of the existing production pipeline from systems to software.
Active participant in evaluating and troubleshooting pipeline and workflow processes
· Partners with Technology and Production Supervisors to determine internal software development requirements and appropriate use of vendor applications.
· Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the facility.
· Ensures effective communication between technology department and show Leads to ensure critical
information is shared across shows.
Working with the Director of Systems Administration, manages hardware and software vendor relationships including purchasing, negotiation and technical collaboration.
Manages the patent portfolio program working with the Director of RND Software, General Counsel, and outside patent counsel.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
7-10 years management of technical or technology teams and managers required.
Experience with large-scale pipelines for visual effects or animation required.
Demonstrated organizational, project management and leadership skills.
Ability to drive initiatives while maintaining perspective on company goals.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management and technical staff.
Ability to establish priorities, multi-task efficiently, and work with diverse personalities in a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=15_2_0763 Please select Vancouver from the drop down location menu
Digital Domain Recruiting Head of Technology, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Head of Technology