Junior Media Systems Engineer – Digital Domain Playa Vista
Junior Media Systems Engineer
Department: Media Systems
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Classification: Full Time, Staff
Date: July 2014
Purpose of the job:
The Junior Media Systems Engineer assists the Chief Engineer in a variety of maintenance and help-desk tasks. The role requires interacting on a daily basis with artists and production staff to make sure that they are able to complete their own tasks with a minimum of down time or confusion. The successful candidate will work with display systems, video editing and archiving systems, as well as digital projection, and computer systems to accomplish these goals. Some training will be given, but an aptitude for, and interest in, electronics, displays and computers are essential. An outgoing, helpful manner will also go a long way.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
• Monitor calibration, including desktop HP Dreamcolors and all Plasma/LED TVs
• Verifying that all viewstation room equipment is working on a daily basis
• Verifying the integrity of all conference room equipment on a daily basis
• Maintain projection room equipment as required
• Collaborate with Editorial staff to create Avid archives; restore jobs as requested by Vid-I/O and Editorial staff
• Be the Admin for the Avid Unity: install and/or remove partitions as needed, set user permissions, etc.
• Perform Avid upgrades or downgrades as needed, including adding/deleting users from each workstation
• Be the point person for the conference rooms and view rooms, be responsible for user training where needed, escalate problems to the appropriate departments as needed.
• Some wiring and assembling of audio and video equipment, as required.
Qualifications- Education and/or Experience Required:
• A specific degree is not required; however, an electronics-related degree would be useful. An Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school would be appropriate.
• Ability to assemble and wire up devices is a big plus, as is the ability to make cables and assemble connectors.
• Experience with computer software and operating systems, especially OSX and Linux, preferred
• Prior experience with professional video and audio systems is a plus
• Prior experience with conference room systems (video presence) is a plus
• Enthusiastic, helpful, willing to engage with users and help them solve problems is a big requirement
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_6_0636
Please select Playa Vista from the drop down location menu
Digital Domain Recruiting Junior Media Systems Engineer, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Hiring, Digital Domain job, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Studios, hiring, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, Junior Media Systems Engineer