Low Poly Environment (VAD) Artists – Digital Domain Playa Vista
Low Poly Environment (VAD) Artists
Location: Playa Vista, California
Start Immediate: Length 20 weeks
Working within the Virtual Art Department (VAD) these artists are basically a pre-vis artist
heavily biased towards quick asset generation and layout. (modeling, texturing and layout). Or
think of a video game layout artist or video game asset builder (modeling and texturing).
The basic role will be to take 2D concept art and Zbrush concept work and generate 3D assets
along with an environment (layout) for realtime visualization in Motionbuilder and Unity. Most
of the asset creation will *not* be architectural but be organic in nature (think dense Jungle,
open grass land plains and some ancient ruins)
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
• Low poly model builders and layout artists who are fast, organized, take
direction well, and can deal with high profile directors, vfx supes, etc.
• Video Game level designers or Video Game environment modelers would/can
be ideal here especially with skills that could relate to an art department.
• Knowledge of texture mapping, UV mapping and generation.
• Texture creation and Texture painting also key.
• Must know Maya, at least 2 years experience
• Knowledge of Motionbuilder advantageous
• Knowledge of Unity Game Engine advantageous
To apply for this position submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_6_0624
Please select Playa Vista from the drop down location menu
Digital Domain Recruiting Low Poly Environment (VAD) Artists, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Hiring, Digital Domain job, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Studios, hiring, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, Digital Domain Recruiting, Low Poly Environment (VAD) Artists